News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Nintendo @ E3 2016

Started by DonValentino, March 04, 2016, 02:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

You guys are over there, talking about Zelda, and I'm over here like "Let's...a...go..?"
But in all seriousness, Zelda just never stuck with me. Idk why. I just stick with Mario, Pokémon, Kirby, and a wee bit o' Sonic.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

cashwarrior1

Well, Zelda is a puzzle game. The games you mentioned are platformers and a RPG. It would make sense why you wouldn't like zelda from all the platforming games you mentioned.

E. Gadd Industries

Do bear in mind that I refer to the entire franchise for each of those. So, platformer, RPG, racing, fighting (I consider Smash bros in this since characters from all of those franchises are in at least one game), strategy, a few puzzles, board game, and I think that's all. I may be missing something.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

I like the dungeon crawling aspect of Zelda.  If you think about it, the entire game is just one big dungeon.  Some people may not have the patience for it though
unmotivated

Ōkami~MD

Sometimes when I don't have time to play Zelda and I have about 3 weeks of not playing it, when I come back I don't enjoy it much,  so I have to start the game over again, and then I love it again
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

cashwarrior1

I have that feeling with zelda games when I get stuck... *cough* *cough* Oracle of Ages/Seasons *cough* *cough* Sorry, it snowed today...

Dudeman

Nuuuuuu you have to finish them. They're my all-time most nostalgic titles in the series.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nitro Indigo

I'm not very good at the Oracles either. I had to consult the internet for most of the dungeons in Seasons, and I haven't even finished it yet. At least the music is good...

A while ago, I was trying to get Pokémon Mystery Dungeon fans into Spirit Tracks. If you like PMD, could you give that game a try? I won't mind if you end up disliking it, as long as you don't constantly rage about it.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Dudeman on April 06, 2016, 10:17:05 AMNuuuuuu you have to finish them. They're my all-time most nostalgic titles in the series.
I did finish them, I think I did both twice. I honestly love/hate them. They were the perfect difficulty, but I can never remember how to do things... Stinking Jabu-Jabu's Belly.

Ōkami~MD

I'll try out Spirit Tracks! I don't really like toon link but that doesn't mean it's by any means bad.

Should we have a Zelda dungeons thread because we have gone a bit off topic from E3, being all nostalgic instead of looking ahead?
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

Nitro Indigo

Or should I just make a general Zelda thread? Dungeons seems to specific.

As for looking ahead... this is never going to happen because I don't know who owns the rights to it and/or if they even care, and even if it did happen (probably in the alternate universe where Ash Ketchum owns a Porygon-Z), it definitely wouldn't be on a Nintendo console, but I'd like to see a remake of Enter the Dragonfly one day. First non-Nintendo-system or phone game I ever owned, but I only played it for about three days before discovering that everyone hates it, causing me to feel ashamed of myself, and so I never played it again. That was over a year ago.
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Ōkami~MD

Polygon-Z is the heart and sole of my competitive pokemon team

And yeah go ahead make a thread (sorry for rhymes) so us zelda-fan-people can continue there (that sound good other zelda fans?)
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

Nitro Indigo

You got the Legend of Zelda thread! It's useful for un-derailing the E3 thread.

Back on-topic, what about NX? I've already seen people calling it the best thing ever even though we know barely anything about it. Sort of like Zelda U...

mikey

unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Here's my worry: That Nintendo goes completely eShop with the NX & does away with discs completely. It's happened once before with cartridges.
If Nintendo completely does away with tangible evidence of games, how will I make money buying & reselling games???
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]