News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Nintendo @ E3 2016

Started by DonValentino, March 04, 2016, 02:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Quote from: Altissimo on June 13, 2016, 03:39:40 PMWell there isn't an E3 thread anywhere else because no one here cares about E3
unmotivated

Altissimo

DocDoom2

Guess I'll post my thoughts on E3 so far...

Pokemon Sun and Moon:

Even though I like the looks of the game so far, this "deity" business is kinda off-putting when I thought Game Freak learned their lesson with Arceus.
The new Pokemon designs seem okay, but not nearly as good as they could be (looking at you Yungoos).
The stat boost/drop checker is nice (especially competitively), as well as the super-effective move indicator (though it makes me worry the game might have a difficulty drop).
The Battle Royale format seems like a nice twist to battles.
The graphics are great and look like they'll make the game much more lively!

Zelda: Breath of the Wild:

I love the art style but the world doesn't seem as exciting as it could be (towns, people with quests, etc.), the survival mechanics seem rather weird as well.
All in all, it looks good, but doesn't 'feel' like a Zelda game at this point of development. (I'm also "really feeling" the Xenoblade vibes *cough shirtless Link cough*)
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

mikey

Quote from: DocDoom2 on June 14, 2016, 02:34:19 PMGuess I'll post my thoughts on E3 so far...

The new Pokemon designs seem okay, but not nearly as good as they could be (looking at you Yungoos).
that's always the case
Quotethe super-effective move indicator (though it makes me worry the game might have a difficulty drop).
Are you kidding?  I need this thing.
QuoteI love the art style but the world doesn't seem as exciting as it could be (towns, people with quests, etc.), the survival mechanics seem rather weird as well.
I agree that the whole cooking thing seems weird (I hope it's not necessary) and it seems like this game has too much extra cutesy stuff in it, but we haven't even seen barely any of the map yet.
QuoteAll in all, it looks good, but doesn't 'feel' like a Zelda game at this point of development. (I'm also "really feeling" the Xenoblade vibes *cough shirtless Link cough*)
hey if link can go shirtless then I'mma go shirtless.  I mean, I guess I haven't seen anything aside from the trailer on youtube, but from what I saw it'll be FINE everything will be fine
unmotivated

Altissimo

Quote from: DocDoom2 on June 14, 2016, 02:34:19 PMThe stat boost/drop checker is nice (especially competitively), as well as the super-effective move indicator (though it makes me worry the game might have a difficulty drop).

I'd argue Pokémon has needed both these things since forever.

Nebbles

I agree. The new UI is fantastic.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

cashwarrior1

My thoughts

Pokemon Sun and Moon
The new pokemon are really nice! I mean Yungoos is kinda stupid at first, but he's just so hilarious to look at so that's a plus.
At first, I didn't like that they're telling me the type of the pokemon and what moves I have are super effective because I like the sense of learning it myself but then again, it will be helpful with catching pokemon (choosing weak moves and deciding whether or not you want to catch a a pokemon based on type).
I feel like the main joy from this game is going to be the exploration aspect of the region, not necessarily the story or game play features, but mostly finding new things.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
*shulk* I'm really feeling it!
I like the survival aspect of it and it does make for having this one stand out from the rest (in a good way or a bad way depends on you). I just hope that they still keep the old formula of Zelda in future games as well as this new one.
Also, somethings people aren't thinking of: you can literally create your own base using various objects you find along with the various items you get (Like the magnet thing, you can make yourself a little house/fort some how), plus, you can make epic explosions.
One last thing: I want to see someone set up some kind of horrible ways to make Link die; detonating a bomb on top of a giant cliff to make Link fall down into a bunch of other TNTs with a burning stick!

Dudeman

Quote from: DocDoom2 on June 14, 2016, 02:34:19 PM(looking at you Yungoos)
Yungoos is really stupid, simple, somewhat derpy, and hilariously angry, and by all means I should hate it. but I'm in love for some reason
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

cashwarrior1

mikey

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on June 14, 2016, 05:36:00 PMMy thoughts

Pokemon Sun and Moon
At first, I didn't like that they're telling me the type of the pokemon and what moves I have are super effective because I like the sense of learning it myself but then again, it will be helpful with catching pokemon (choosing weak moves and deciding whether or not you want to catch a a pokemon based on type).
If I could make one change to the current battle system, that's what it would have been, so I can't see why you would want to, for example, memorize which of your moves are super effective against bug/rock types and which become neutrally effective (freaking armaldo and cradily)
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

That's why I disliked it at first (I should've mentioned that I like it now, oops), but I thought about how useful it can be and dealt with it.

Maelstrom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V13gdh-WhM
Last I heard of this, it was just 3 pics of concept art at Square Enix's trainwreck of a press conference last year. This actually looks really good.

E. Gadd Industries

D: Man, I missed yesterday's! Oh well, I have today's in T minus 9 minutes.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Nebbles

Let's hope today's is good.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel