News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Nintendo @ E3 2016

Started by DonValentino, March 04, 2016, 02:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

Nintendo better not do that, they'd make all the kids without credit cards/money or parents with them to buy games.

E. Gadd Industries

That's what the rumor is. They filed a patent for a game console or other that didn't have a disc slot, but Nintendo does that kind of legal stuff all the time & the patents end up sitting around, collecting dust.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Ōkami~MD

It's possible they may just be patenting ideas for 'security'. I don't think Nintendo would go all digital because that would lose possible blu-ray kind of compatibility. Maybe not though because they didn't do that to the wii u
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

Zeila

^^ I'm sure they'd lose more than gain potential customers too because digital is already a thing and it would only take away what some people prefer

There was a rumor almost a year ago that nintendo was going back to cartridges, but it's old and has little credibility

Ōkami~MD

tbh there isn't much good solid evidence for what the NX will be like
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

E. Gadd Industries

Yeah, but hey, I'd rather know nothing about it and it turn out to be something super-amazing than know a few details and it be a flop.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

Quote from: Zeila on April 06, 2016, 02:28:09 PM^^ I'm sure they'd lose more than gain potential customers too because digital is already a thing and it would only take away what some people prefer

There was a rumor almost a year ago that nintendo was going back to cartridges, but it's old and has little credibility
as much as I'd love to go back to carts they don't store nearly enough data
as far as we are right now blu ray discs store the most information I think
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 06, 2016, 02:34:14 PMas much as I'd love to go back to carts they don't store nearly enough data
What about... what about... Blu-ray discs... inside cartridges!!!?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

cashwarrior1

Would if nintendo didn't release the NX!?!?!

Ōkami~MD

Then I would cry

and have to watch this for 3 years to make me feel gooder
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

cashwarrior1

O my gosh, I'd watch that for 3 years too! XD

Ōkami~MD

that girl will grow up to have infinite sass
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

JDMEK5

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 06, 2016, 01:56:56 PMHere's my worry: That Nintendo goes completely eShop with the NX & does away with discs completely. It's happened once before with cartridges.
If Nintendo completely does away with tangible evidence of games, how will I make money buying & reselling games???
Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 06, 2016, 01:59:31 PMNintendo better not do that, they'd make all the kids without credit cards/money or parents with them to buy games.
Exactly. It would be really stupid for Nintendo to make it only possible to buy games using a credit card cuz then they would lose the entire market of "those-who-are-old-enough-to-buy-with-their-own-money-but-still-too-young-to-have-a-credit-card". There would be little gain from such a move, so I really don't see that happening.

Quote from: Zeila on April 06, 2016, 02:28:09 PMThere was a rumor almost a year ago that nintendo was going back to cartridges, but it's old and has little credibility
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 06, 2016, 02:34:14 PMas much as I'd love to go back to carts they don't store nearly enough data
Unless Nintendo had a technological breakthrough, yes. Cartridges were originally dropped because they couldn't store enough information. I think blu-ray is the most capable version of a disc format that we have today, but what might technically also be possible (and kinda neat imo) is not cartridges, but mini-hard-drives. Same look and feel of a cartridge, but with modern data capabilities. That being said, I don't expect that to happen at all because it would cost more to make said drives than it would CDs of whatever form. So far, it doesn't seem like we're gonna get anything other than either more CDs or digital downloads. Personally I think my fav perk to tangible games is being able to take them to friends' places and use their systems. It wouldn't be the end of the world if they scrapped game hardware, but I wouldn't be all that happy.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

I have seen things about European labs working on some form of four-dimensional data storage but idk how far that's gone.  I'm fairly sure the NX is already far enough in development that they can't suddenly switch over
It just would make 0 sense for them to use anything other than bluray
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

Reminds me: I *think* Sony and Microsoft home consoles can play DVDs, and there was a Japan-only Panasonic-branded(?) GameCube that could play them too... hmm...
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.