[GBC] Pokémon Gold Version & Pokémon Silver Version - "New Bark Town" (Replacement) by Echo & Latios

Started by Zeta, March 02, 2016, 09:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Gold Version & Pokémon Silver Version
Console: Game Boy Color
Title: New Bark Town
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: Echo & Latios212

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Echo

Latios did most of the work in terms of formatting and how to write out the left hand parts. Any suggestions are welcome though!

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Latios212

This was our solution for incorporating both the bass and the middle layer - it sounds somewhat empty with just the bass and without the third layer, but the third layer is placed inconveniently (somewhat out of reach) in the original. So we combined the two layers here in a sort of compromise.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Echo

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 05, 2016, 08:26:58 PMHow about something like this?

It's mostly just octaves.

I mentioned that possibility in the arrangement project thread thing a while back. It works well for the first four measures. Not so much for the next four.

It's really only measure 5 and 6 that causes issues, because the melody goes higher, so you can't hit a bunch of F#s unless your left hand can reach a tenth and a half. Measure 7 would need a bit of tweaking at the end of it to shorten the duration of one of the notes, and the left hand would also need to do a 9th and a half too.

I have my old transcription here though in case anyone wanted to mess around with it.

FireArrow

I was thinking you could bring down the second layer an octave and leave the bass as is. It would overlap a little bit but not in a way that's difficult to work around.

Latios212

Quote from: Echo on March 05, 2016, 10:05:44 PMI mentioned that possibility in the arrangement project thread thing a while back. It works well for the first four measures. Not so much for the next four.

It's really only measure 5 and 6 that causes issues, because the melody goes higher, so you can't hit a bunch of F#s unless your left hand can reach a tenth and a half. Measure 7 would need a bit of tweaking at the end of it to shorten the duration of one of the notes, and the left hand would also need to do a 9th and a half too.

I have my old transcription here though in case anyone wanted to mess around with it.
This is mostly why I didn't want to go this route - it gets iffy in places. I had it the way it currently is to keep it simple, if you will. New Bark Town is a pretty simple tune, and I kind of wanted the simplicity of the sheet to reflect that. Of course, you're free to disagree.

Quote from: FireArrow on March 06, 2016, 01:06:39 AMI was thinking you could bring down the second layer an octave and leave the bass as is. It would overlap a little bit but not in a way that's difficult to work around.
That's kinda sorta pretty much like what we have now but we took out some of the bass notes - like in beat 4.5 to prevent the Bb from striking twice in a row. Did you have any specific areas to suggest changes?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FireArrow

I don't remember what I was thinking, too long ago. meh go with whatever Olimar said cuz hes smart

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zeta