News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[3DS] Pokémon Picross - "Stage (Picross)" by Yug Guy

Started by Zeta, March 02, 2016, 02:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Picross
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Stage (Picross)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXtFrauMTP8

I'm gonna have to do a double-check on the name at some point. Also, any advice on incorporating the flute in m. 5-8? I wasn't entirely sure how to incorporate it in, so I left it out.

Bespinben

You have 5 measures in system 3, and 3 measures in system 5. Since the musical density of both these sections is the same, it would be better to have 4 measures fit within each of these systems.

#hypermeter
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Bespinben on March 02, 2016, 02:27:02 PMYou have 5 measures in system 3, and 3 measures in system 5. Since the musical density of both these sections is the same, it would be better to have 4 measures fit within each of these systems.
Fixed.

Yug_Guy

le bump.

Also:
Quote from: Yug_Guy on March 02, 2016, 02:23:50 PMAny advice on incorporating the flute in m. 5-8? I wasn't entirely sure how to incorporate it in, so I left it out for now.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Yug_Guy on March 02, 2016, 02:23:50 PMI'm gonna have to do a double-check on the name at some point. Also, any advice on incorporating the flute in m. 5-8? I wasn't entirely sure how to incorporate it in, so I left it out.
Sorry, since I don't have headphones on me I can't help you with your flute dilemma atm.

But the positions of a lot of the eighth rests in the first two lines seem funky. Maybe make those proper where there's a specific place, and where there isn't, make them as consistent as possible. Right now it's kinda like a mosh pit. So whenever you have an eighth rest on a half beat where there's no notation for a second voice, center it where it should normally go. In measures 3 and 4, they seem a lot lower than they need to be.

Measures 5 and 7, LH, seem to be missing staccatos on the second notes in the 16-note figures.

The last eighth note in the RH of measures 1 and 5 are kinda confusing without close and careful examination. Maybe find a better way to notate that.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

This piece is in D major, so the key signature and accidentals should be changed to reflect that appropriately.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 10, 2016, 08:15:44 AM*But the positions of a lot of the eighth rests in the first two lines seem funky. Maybe make those proper where there's a specific place, and where there isn't, make them as consistent as possible. Right now it's kinda like a mosh pit. So whenever you have an eighth rest on a half beat where there's no notation for a second voice, center it where it should normally go. In measures 3 and 4, they seem a lot lower than they need to be.
*Measures 5 and 7, LH, seem to be missing staccatos on the second notes in the 16-note figures.
*The last eighth note in the RH of measures 1 and 5 are kinda confusing without close and careful examination. Maybe find a better way to notate that.
Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 10, 2016, 11:45:08 AM*This piece is in D major, so the key signature and accidentals should be changed to reflect that appropriately.
Fixed. Op updated.

SlowPokemon

The only other thing I would recommend is double checking the tempo--82 isn't a standard metronome marking, so I'd check to see if either 80 or 84 bpm would be more appropriate. I almost guarantee it's not at 82. Otherwise looks good. Anyone else have opinions?

Yug_Guy

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 10, 2016, 03:43:25 PMThe only other thing I would recommend is double checking the tempo--82 isn't a standard metronome marking, so I'd check to see if either 80 or 84 bpm would be more appropriate. I almost guarantee it's not at 82.
I'm using a bpm finder to see what tempo this is, and I swear that I keep getting exactly 82bpm. I'd change the tempo if it was slightly faster or slower, but 82 seems to be it. Here's the bpm finder I'm using, and here's a link to the song if someone wants to double-check for me.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 10, 2016, 03:43:25 PMI almost guarantee it's not at 82.

It is.

It's quite common for video game music not to have standard metronome markings for their tempo; many even have a non-integral BPM.

Ninja'd
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

I always set it to the exact value (rounded to the nearest integer). It's accurate that way, and if you're using a traditional metronome you can simply choose the nearest setting. Besides, you could be using a digital metronome. Also it makes the mus and midi play back at the right speed.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 10, 2016, 03:54:28 PMIt's quite common for video game music not to have standard metronome markings for their tempo; many even have a non-integral BPM.
Quote from: Latios212 on March 10, 2016, 05:18:05 PMI always set it to the exact value (rounded to the nearest integer). It's accurate that way, and if you're using a traditional metronome you can simply choose the nearest setting. Besides, you could be using a digital metronome. Also it makes the mus and midi play back at the right speed.
Cool. Anything else then?

SlowPokemon

Okay cool. I haven't had the time to actually double check any of my musical suggestions, I was just saying that looking at the sheet 82 seemed a bit odd. Good to know it's all accurate.

Yug_Guy