News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Official NSM Shirt Design Thread

Started by braix, February 25, 2016, 09:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Est. Text; Small Offset Logo; No Light-Colored Box?

Yes
7 (70%)
No
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

mikey

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 09, 2016, 10:09:57 AMI agree with Tobbeh, and don't really like any of the designs. Perhaps we can use a different logo?
you guys liked my T shirt though right
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

braix

1) Green is not the final color. I'm sure I mentioned before that there would be a ton of colors to choose from. Green was a random color for the preview.
2) Date of the site's start could be done, I want to see everyone's thoughts on this though
3) We can do the status, but as I announced already before, we will not be making any huge customization options like the names as we run into copyright problems and we want to streamline the ordering as much as possible(so not like 50 designs)
4) The reason we can't do a lot with the design and why it looks so "empty" is that we aren't given much space for print. Unless we want a rectanglular outline cutting off the design, we have to work with the space we're given and that would mean that we keep it simple.
5) Unless we're to make a new logo, the site favicon may be the best we got. The other NSM logo may run into issues with being an obvious rip-off of the Nintendo logo. I'd like to stay on the safe side.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on March 09, 2016, 11:51:44 AM2) Date of the site's start could be done, I want to see everyone's thoughts on this though
I'm all for putting the date somewhere.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Latios212

Imo it's pretty fine already, no need to overcomplicate things. Simple and clean.

Though the date would work well (Est. blah blah blah). And maybe a slogan of sorts like "The world's largest video game sheet music collection" or something for people wondering what the heck a Nin is.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zunawe

I'm not sure a date is necessary, but something like a small "Est. 2004" would look fine below "NinSheetMusic". I think the current logo is the best choice; it's clean and simple.

Double ninjad by slow Internet.

Edit: Great minds, Latios.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Tobbeh99

I've got a design idea, I wasn't so specific in my previous post. How about take design A or E, and the have the text "NinSheet Music" on a staff. Like a treble clef at the beginning, then the text on the staff, could be cool I think. Also I think the size on the logo and the text are quite bad on design A and E, I'd like the logo to be a bit smaller and the text a bit bigger.

Also is it possible to have 2 colors? Like green + another color, maybe grey?

Also I don't get the thing with that we can't use our names because of copyright. Like nintendo has copyrighted "Latios" so we couldn't write "Latios212" on a shirt? Nintendo probably hasn't copyrighted "Latios212" at least, only "Latios", I'm guessing.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

We can use letters with the dots and squiggles to avoid copyright issues
like an umlaut
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: braixen1264 on March 09, 2016, 11:51:44 AM1) Green is not the final color. I'm sure I mentioned before that there would be a ton of colors to choose from. Green was a random color for the preview.
2) Date of the site's start could be done, I want to see everyone's thoughts on this though
3) We can do the status, but as I announced already before, we will not be making any huge customization options like the names as we run into copyright problems and we want to streamline the ordering as much as possible(so not like 50 designs)
4) The reason we can't do a lot with the design and why it looks so "empty" is that we aren't given much space for print. Unless we want a rectanglular outline cutting off the design, we have to work with the space we're given and that would mean that we keep it simple.
5) Unless we're to make a new logo, the site favicon may be the best we got. The other NSM logo may run into issues with being an obvious rip-off of the Nintendo logo. I'd like to stay on the safe side.
1. I'm still choosing green as my color. XD
2. I really like the idea.
3. I would like some indication of status, but I do understand copyright issues with names.
4. The reason I chose E is because I thought it did manage the given space most efficiently.
5. I'm fine with the pixelated logo (although Tobbeh's idea could be taken pretty far if given enough details and such)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on March 09, 2016, 02:54:35 PMI've got a design idea, I wasn't so specific in my previous post. How about take design A or E, and the have the text "NinSheet Music" on a staff. Like a treble clef at the beginning, then the text on the staff, could be cool I think. Also I think the size on the logo and the text are quite bad on design A and E, I'd like the logo to be a bit smaller and the text a bit bigger.

Also is it possible to have 2 colors? Like green + another color, maybe grey?

Also I don't get the thing with that we can't use our names because of copyright. Like nintendo has copyrighted "Latios" so we couldn't write "Latios212" on a shirt? Nintendo probably hasn't copyrighted "Latios212" at least, only "Latios", I'm guessing.
I'll mess with the design a bit when I have time.
Unfortunately we're not allowed to use more than one color for the shirt fabric.
I'm pretty sure a name like "Latios212" or "braixen1264" still won't be okay. I'd just like to steer completely clear of copyright risks
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Zunawe

It may not be individually copyrighted, and there are discrepancies, but there is no dispute that it's Nintendo's property. Imagine somebody advertising the phone "Galaxy F7" or naming a character in an unrelated move "Ash Ketchum". Coming from somebody that has an original username and would like to put it on a shirt: we can't do it.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

JDMEK5

Quote from: braixen1264 on March 09, 2016, 11:51:44 AM3) We can do the status, but as I announced already before, we will not be making any huge customization options like the names as we run into copyright problems and we want to streamline the ordering as much as possible(so not like 50 designs)
So I can't have my username on mine?.. :'(
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zeila

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 09, 2016, 07:14:10 PMSo I can't have my username on mine?.. :'(
You can always modify it yourself once you get it (although it might look a tad strange)

JDMEK5

Using our real names wouldn't help, eh? (Yeah I'm Canadian and I said "eh". I ain't oblivious) Like, the underlying issue is that the minimum order of shirts would default if there were any differences between the individuals' designs, right?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

huh, sometimes I type eh too, but I don't usually say it out loud
unmotivated