[NDS] Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version - "Obtained a TM!" by Don Valentino & DocDoom2

Started by Zeta, February 16, 2016, 08:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Obtained a TM!
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: Don Valentino & DocDoom2

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tobbeh99

Nice arrangement!

some feedback:

Formatting:
you got most of the formatting correct, but here are some few errors you have:
Title: Should be bold, also center aligned.
Copyright+url: Should be center aligned.

Your pdf seems different from your mus, you mus. looks better than your pdf. Try to make your pdf look like your mus, reexport the pdf maybe.

Other:
The song needs a metronome mark.
measure 2:
-The half note is beamed incorrectly, it should be beamed upwards, and the 16th notes should be beamed downwards. this error only occur on the pdf, not on the mus.
-The 2 rests you have at beat 3 are quite redundant, pile them together and make them into one rest in the middle of the staff.

Here a youtube link for reference. It's good posting a youtube link in a comment after you submit an arrangement, since it makes it easier comparing and giving feedback.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UYXQ3ezoxE
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

DonValentino

Hmm, I think I'll try to tweak some stuff in this one. The way you have it sounds very poor, and maybe directly showing how it could be would more useful than writing a wall of text heh

DocDoom2

That's much better than mine! I'll try to get the formatting down better then try again.
Thanks for the help everyone!
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

DonValentino

DocDoom2

Alright I'll just use yours! Of course I'll give credit too ;)!
Shall I give you all credit, or did you use mine and fix it? In other words should I make this a collab. or just make it yours?
Thanks again!
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

DonValentino

All yours pal! We updaters are here just to tune up and give final approval to sheets that are being submitted to the site, any changes or suggestions we make are just to improve the sheets, nothing else xD

That said, I thank you for your appreciation! And it's up to you if you want to add a collaboration or not, just know that you don't have to.

So yeah, only thing you could do is update all the files in the OP and a updater (either Bespin, Olimar, Latios or me) will accept it. :J

Latios212

Don't forget to update the submission title too with the correct one! ("Obtained a TM!")
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

DocDoom2

I have updated the files. The PDF should be correct now as well.
I also made it a collaboration since you did make some great edits to my original DonValentino.
So all the files should now be ready!
Thanks for the help, since this is my first time (second time actually, but someone beat me to another song :D) submitting!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

DonValentino

Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks DocDoom xD

Hmm actually, I think I forgot to put it in D... Could you please change it?

DocDoom2

DocDoom2

Alright so I'm still getting used to Finale Notepad (I usually use Musescore since it was the first program I found and the one I am most comfortable with)
and is there a way to change it into D Major without moving the note up or down, or did you want the notes moved?
Thanks!