[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - "End Credits" (Replacement) by Zunawe

Started by Zeta, January 27, 2016, 06:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: End Credits
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Zunawe

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tobbeh99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCEYXAy897o

Quote from: Tobbeh99Here's some more feedback:

-A lot of the times where "Zelda's theme" appears your missing harmonies that I think could be added underneath the melody, I suggest reviewing these sections. These sections are:
measures: 25-40, 47-70, 148-161, 189-205

-measure 41-46: I think you should add some crescendos here.

-measure 88 & 106: you're missing a piano run, I think it could easily be added

-measures 101-105: In these measures new voices are introduced, I don't know if there is a way of incorporating them, I'm talking about the choir and the synth-soprano voice. They are very stark, and kind of important.

-measures 115-126: I think the fade-out occurs earlier. It starts dim. in from m.115 and is down in like p in measure 119. Then continues to dim. even more till m.121 where it's down to like pp, and after that in measures 124-126 fades to nothing.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zunawe

This thread timed out.

Added the woodwinds to Zelda's Lullaby stuff.

Crescendos added.

I'm not nearly good enough at this to add the piano. Part of the reason this was resubmitted was because of the runs in 171-174 that I'm not confident about.

Working on adding voices.

You're right. The text may have been moved during formatting. Fixed now.

Also, rehearsal E was in 6/8 for some reason. Changed that. And measure 32 never had a triplet.

One more thing, this really isn't Evilsqueaky's arrangement anymore. I originally put "Edited by" because I used his as the basis for fixing, but at this point I have literally changed every measure in the sheet. Might I at least put myself as a co-arranger?

EDIT: You're too fast, Tobbeh.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Latios212

I'd ask Olimar about that. But seeing evilsqueaky's other arrangements on site..... is that level of quality what you started with way back when you started working on this?

Also the URL.

Holy crap this song gets longer every time I look at the sheet. xD
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zunawe

Comparable Quality

Also Comparable Quality

Olimar helped with replacing Evlisqueaky's original with the one currently on the site, so he'd have a decent idea on the matter.

I could have sworn I fixed all my urls. Updated.

And yes, this piece gets tiring the more you look at it. I think it's got mistakes still just because those of us who worked on it spent so much time listening to it that it got tedious.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Tobbeh99

some more:

-small formatting:
the fermata almost collides with the arranger text, move it down a bit.
measures 5-10, maybe change beam angle, note stem collides with arpeggiated chord symbol.

-measures 17-24: maybe make the melody staccato since it's played by a pizzicato-violin. That will also separate it from the later measures which is legato. Maybe clarify that in some way, either with text "staccato" and "legato", or even better I think with symbols staccato dot and legato slur.

-measures 115-127: I think it's better to write the fade out as dimenuedo(s), AND put an mf or something at measure 127 where it stops fading. Hmm maybe only put the dim in the RH above the staff since it seem like the melody is the one fading, the LH plays the string notes which more is fading in if anything.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zunawe

Improved fermata location and moved the notes to avoid collsion.

I think the con pedale kinda negates the addition of staccato marks. Perhaps marcato and legato?

I originally chose the "fade out" notation because the lost woods melody goes a neinte over a very long stretch. The strings might grow a bit, but for the most part, the contrast comes from the diminuendo in the right hand. I'd prefer to leave the text there, but I added an intermediary dynamic in each hand separately and a diminuendo in the right hand starting at 125.

I program things

Zunawe

Tentative bump to prevent deletion. And I feel like a nuisance by mentioning it again, but please don't accept this until the runs in the finale get fixed.

I program things

Latios212

Oh don't worry. Subs only get deleted if the arranger disappears when there's been feedback and they haven't fixed it.

If you've fixed everything as per current suggestions, it's our fault that we haven't looked at it yet, and it won't go anywhere. Hang tight.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zunawe

I program things

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Since this is a psuedo-medley (as many credit themes and whatnot are, since they recap all the fun adventures you've had), I'd recommend putting the names of each song above their respective sections as they appear.
what is shitpost

Zunawe

Possibly. It's difficult to label parts of it though; there are transitions and intermediate parts that aren't inherent in the theme but are significant to the piece. That does sound obvious and not like a problem without specific examples though.

F-G for example is completely its own thing and is preceded by an obvious nod to the "Fairy Flying" theme which comes right after one of many variations on "Zelda's Lullaby", but is neither able to be called the "Fairy Flying" time nor is it part of "Zelda's Lullaby". After G, we go back to "Zelda's Lullaby". By some rules, we should label measure 140 as "Zelda's Lullaby", 162 "Fairy Flying", and G "Zelda's Lullaby" again. By some, we should label only measure 140, as anything between 140 and the end is either "Zelda's Lullaby" or it isn't anything. Or maybe 140 and G should both be labeled but nothing else to point out that the melody comes back after changing styles. And if that's the case, should E be labeled as well?

In my opinion, it's more complicated than beneficial, and the distinct melodies are easy enough to see and hear that it's unnecessary. But that's one person's opinion.

I program things

Pianist Da Sootopolis

You could end them with something like "End of ___" or just have a new letter, which clearly signifies a new section. Just a thought.
what is shitpost

Zunawe

It's already a pretty busy sheet too. It could work, but does it contribute something necessary? (actual question)

I program things

Pianist Da Sootopolis

It gives a better sense of overall progression through the medley. Also helps with memorizing/performing.
what is shitpost