News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[GCN] Super Mario Sunshine - "Delfino Airstrip" (Replacement) by E. Gadd Industries

Started by Zeta, January 18, 2016, 05:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Sunshine
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Delfino Airstrip
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: E. Gadd Industries

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

Sebastian

When Gadd and I were tightening this one up, we noticed that the tremolos didn't work on playback. Does anyone know why?

mikey

It's working for me.  Probably just your version of finale would have to be my guess
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

TheMarioPianist

Not a bad arrangement! Few things I would touch up, or at least look at:

Measure 1, beat 4: The right hand note should be a Db, not a regular D. Also, put a fermata on the left hand note; it's customary to have it on both.
Measures 10-13: That left hand part is awkwardly crossing over the right hand. I don't know what to do in terms of fixing it, but one possibility is raising the right hand up an octave. Let's see if someone else has a better way to make that less awkward.
Measures 14, 16, 18, and 20 (beat 3 in each): The second set of two eighth rests in each of these measures can be rewritten as a quarter rest since it falls on beat 3.
Measure 27: No dotted rests in 4/4. Split that dotted quarter rest into a quarter followed by an eighth.
Measures 28 and 29: Unless someone told you to do the tremolo that way, I think it would look a lot nicer to have one dotted half tremolo. I can send you the file with a cleaner tremolo and layer fixes that ensued. Oh, and I think I got the playback to work as well. No idea what the issue was :/.
Measure 30: That A natural with the accidental should actually be a B, I believe.

If you noticed, I picked on pretty small things here. That's because there weren't really any major flaws! Nice work! The biggest thing I would worry about is 10-13. That part would just be awkward to play as it is currently written.

"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

[close]

Tobbeh99

I don't think it's that bad. But I think everything in measures 10 and 13 should be play in RH, or the lower notes in LH the higher in RH. With some smart fingerings/hand choice I think it's Ok.

One other option is to make the LH one octave lower from the second half of measure 9 to measure 13 (goes up again on measure 14). That's maybe better.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 20, 2016, 06:06:08 PMI don't think it's that bad. But I think everything in measures 10 and 13 should be play in RH, or the lower notes in LH the higher in RH. With some smart fingerings/hand choice I think it's Ok.

One other option is to make the LH one octave lower from the second half of measure 9 to measure 13 (goes up again on measure 14). That's maybe better.
Personally, I was thinking RH one octave higher...then again, I haven't experimented with the left hand moving down at all. I was just thinking that as is, it would take some really challenging fingering to get it to work well. I could be missing something though.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Tobbeh99

Here are my 2 solutions in an image. The first 2 measures is where I have lowered the LH one octave, and the other half is where I have moved around some notes to make it easier to play (high notes in the RH, low in the LH).

tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

E. Gadd Industries

I think I'll take the second option. Sure, it'll be more challenging, but I will work with it. I'd rather do that than shift any notes up or down an octave.
-The Sign Painter

[close]

Sebastian

I think the arrangement is fine the way it is (10-13); Granted, it is awkward to play. I would recommend moving the left hand down octave, not move the right hand up an octave.

About the tremolo in 28, I, unfortunately, don't know how to make that cleaner which is why it's the way it is. That file would be nice to have, TMP. I don't know how to do it :P

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

[close]

Tobbeh99

Noticed a small error in measure 28-29: You have the note, on the last beat with a tie, in layer 1 and the note, in the next measure which it's tied to, in layer 2. This will result in the playback playing both notes, instead of playing it as a tie. You have to tie notes of the same layer else it won't work properly, so make all RH notes in measures 29-31 to layer 2, that will solve the issue.

10/10 tobbeh

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

[close]