[WiiU] Mario Kart 8 - "Water Park" by Zeila

Started by Zeta, January 16, 2016, 06:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Zeila on March 11, 2016, 12:33:33 AMI can understand wanting to combine the two repeat sections, but I don't think writing out and submitting two separate arrangements is necessary if one is just a variation of the other. If we were to do the entire Mario Kart 8 soundtrack, there would be at least 10 songs with variations - some with multiple (Animal Crossing, Cloudtop Cruise (although I think the one on site doesn't include the Thundercloud version), Dolphin Shoals, the race placements, and etc.). I think it would be best to place them together. To name an example, Olimar's Rosalina's Comet Observatory has 1, 2, and 3 included (although it's connected rather than disconnected). Maybe the piece could be titled "Water Park (Mix)" or (Full) on site to avoid confusion. I fixed the header and measure numbers though, and even added the copyright

Everything else was fixed. Thanks!!

I agree with this. I actually had a plan to show a more connected way on how to connect both parts (similar to the observatory theme you mentioned). Basically, I would make the underwater section a second ending after the normal theme repeats. But either way, I don't think songs this similar should require 2 submissions. Later, I could show the type of repeat system I would set up if you want.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

JDMEK5

Quote from: Zeila on March 11, 2016, 12:33:33 AMI changed the dotted notes that started on 'e', but i left the ones on strong beats the way they are for personal neatness (unless writing a bunch of sixteenth rests on the offbeat really is better)
It can be better sometimes. You can still beam over the rest so it can still very much look neat. Personally I think I would but I don't think it's explicitly 'wrong' to leave it as is.

Quote from: Zeila on March 11, 2016, 12:33:33 AMI can understand wanting to combine the two repeat sections, but I don't think writing out and submitting two separate arrangements is necessary if one is just a variation of the other. If we were to do the entire Mario Kart 8 soundtrack, there would be at least 10 songs with variations - some with multiple (Animal Crossing, Cloudtop Cruise (although I think the one on site doesn't include the Thundercloud version), Dolphin Shoals, the race placements, and etc.). I think it would be best to place them together. To name an example, Olimar's Rosalina's Comet Observatory has 1, 2, and 3 included (although it's connected rather than disconnected). Maybe the piece could be titled "Water Park (Mix)" or (Full) on site to avoid confusion. I fixed the header and measure numbers though, and even added the copyright
I follow your reasoning and I like it. Good job.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zeila

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 11, 2016, 10:34:00 AMIt can be better sometimes. You can still beam over the rest so it can still very much look neat. Personally I think I would but I don't think it's explicitly 'wrong' to leave it as is.
True. I decided to change it then since it didn't take much effort

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on March 11, 2016, 10:16:35 AMI agree with this. I actually had a plan to show a more connected way on how to connect both parts (similar to the observatory theme you mentioned). Basically, I would make the underwater section a second ending after the normal theme repeats. But either way, I don't think songs this similar should require 2 submissions. Later, I could show the type of repeat system I would set up if you want.
I think it would be better if the original didn't repeat before the underwater section. How's this?

MIDI | MUS | MUSX | PDF

If it sounds significantly better and connecting the songs becomes the norm for MK8, then I'll replace the current one up. Should I change the title to "Water Park (Mix)" in that case?

JDMEK5

Quote from: Zeila on March 11, 2016, 11:27:05 AMIf it sounds significantly better and connecting the songs becomes the norm for MK8, then I'll replace the current one up. Should I change the title to "Water Park (Mix)" in that case?
If every Mario Kart 8 course arrangement has all variations built into them then the "(Mix)" isn't really necessary.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zeila

Zeila

Zeila

Sebastian

Sorry for the inactivity on this sheet.
This is a very well done sheet! Just two more tiny things I notice:
Red: The beam should be flipped like in the picture. Don't forget to have the staccato and the 8va like in the picture as well.
Green: The dynamics are clashing.
And one more thing that's not in the pic: Make the copyright info for the Underwater version look exactly the same as the copyright info on page 1.
Spoiler
[close]

Great job!
We'll see what the Updaters think.

Zeila

Thanks once again! It should be updated now

Oh yea, and I also moved the rest in the example up to it's normal position

Latios212

Terrific sheet. Thanks once again to the community for ample feedback~
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot