Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Ranger
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Trouble
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Oronoco

[attachment deleted by admin]

Oronoco

I sure love this piece, and hopefully someone else will enjoy it, too (even if we never attempt to play it).
The same track also appears in Shadows of Almia.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

mastersuperfan

Looks good for the most part, though I would advise not using a repeat at the end since you already have repeats earlier on. If you want it to repeat, you can use a DS.

EDIT: Or maybe it's okay the way it is? I've never seen it notated like that, but upon further inspection it makes sense to me.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: mastersuperfan on January 10, 2016, 05:33:47 PMLooks good for the most part, though I would advise not using a repeat at the end since you already have repeats earlier on. If you want it to repeat, you can use a DS.

EDIT: Or maybe it's okay the way it is? I've never seen it notated like that, but upon further inspection it makes sense to me.

I don't know of any rule that says not to make repeats like this, although it could be confusing for the same reason it brought up the question. Personally I would switch it just for clarity

Oronoco

I agree; thank you both! I've updated the files.
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Onionleaf

Wow, I don't think I would ever be able to play this. :P How about adding extra chords to the left hand that you can hear the horns (I think) playing - maybe something like this?:

I realise that there's already a lot going on in both hands so it may not be compulsory, but I thought it could be added in. :)
(Also, I know I said "chords" at first, but they seemed way too heavy for such an upbeat song, so I simplified them)

You could also make the D.S. sign loop back to the correct measure if you'd like (just double-click it and add in the target measure #).

Tobbeh99

This arrangement could really benefit of finger notation, since it includes a lot of fast runs.

also I recommend including the off beat brass in the LH as Onionleaf mentioned above.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Oronoco

All right! If anyone were actually serious about playing this, he or she could intuitively drop the off-beats if he or she needed to. So, I like your idea of including a simplified version, Onionleaf. I won't feel mean anymore if I add them in. :))

I'll try out some fingerings, too. Thank you both!

Oronoco

I've updated the files with fingerings in the RH and some simplified off-beats in the left.

Onionleaf

Looks much better! :) I wasn't able to get to the piano to try the fingering in the right hand, but I did use the table top :P and added the fingering that I would have used, based on where the hand is positioned and considering the fast tempo. You obviously don't have to use my fingering, I just thought I'd share an alternative and you can have a look at which one seems more comfortable. (I added my numbers in a larger font above the notes, without deleting yours)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108749630/Arrangements/Requests/Trouble.mus

Oronoco

I really appreciate you reviewing my fingerings! I've updated the files with some fingering changes based on your suggestions. In the second half of the piece, I was really reluctant to use two different fingerings patterns for the same scale. I think your suggestion is better, though. It wasn't worth the weird fingerings I had on the arpeggios. :))

I really followed your example on the off-beats too, Onionleaf. I just kept more common tones to make the LH even simpler.

EDIT: This is really random, but I love all of the green profile pictures on this page. 

Bespinben

I've been keeping an eye on this topic for awhile, and I just gotta say I'm very pleased you guys went above and beyond "NSM Acceptability". I mean, if you put the time time and effort into things like fingerings, most of the time that means you put a lot of time and effort into everything else likewise. Just let me know when you've achieved your final form; I'll hit the shiny accept button pronto!

Quote from: Oronoco on January 18, 2016, 10:01:49 AMEDIT: This is really random, but I love all of the green profile pictures on this page. 
NOOO what have I done!?!?
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Altissimo

Oronoco

I'm all right with everything if you are.

Quote from: Altissimo on January 18, 2016, 10:20:34 AMdammit ben u FUCKED IT UP how could u do this

From now on, only those with green avatars may comment after me. Friends of all colors are welcome here.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot