[DELETED] [NES] EarthBound Beginnings - "Comforting Sleep & Hotel Sleep" by Olimar12345

Started by Zeta, January 08, 2016, 07:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: FireArrow on January 09, 2016, 12:06:19 PMI think Olimar knows this however and is trying to say that he's slightly giving up accuracy in order to make it easier to sight read.
I don't think having bass notes on off-beats has ever improved the ability to sight-read something....

I can only ever hear the piece the way that Don and MSF have suggested; I've tried counting in the piece so that it starts on the down beat of four multiple times and my brain consistently corrects my counting to put the bass notes on the down beats.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 09, 2016, 01:41:39 PMBut literally just listen to that melody omg
A piece is both melody and accompaniment. I'm sure people could easily provide examples of a piece that could be interpreted as a certain rhythm if you only looked at the melody, but if you ignore the bass then you've lost a crucial portion of the piece.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Latios212

Same goes for me too, no theory involved. It just "feels" not right.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

I trust my ear and would rather not host what I feel is an incorrect or inaccurate arrangement, at the least by my standards. When I get home I'll switch this submisson out for something else.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 09, 2016, 01:53:14 PMI trust my ear and would rather not host what I feel is an incorrect or inaccurate arrangement, at the least by my standards. When I get home I'll switch this submisson out for something else.
You know, if everyone expected their sheet to be submitted by their standards of accuracy, we'd be having a bad time.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

I can hear the emphasis on the downbeat in the video, olimar's submission, and don's MUS.
So to me I would much rather play the one that's easier to read, but if olimar's is theoretically correct by putting the downbeat emphasis in the proper spot, that would lead me to believe I have no idea what I'm talking about
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Quote from: Dudeman on January 09, 2016, 02:02:46 PMYou know, if everyone expected their sheet to be submitted by their standards of accuracy, we'd be having a bad time.

I guess it sucks that I have higher standards!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!