News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

[GBA] Wario Land 4 - "Monsoon Jungle" by Yug Guy

Started by Zeta, January 08, 2016, 11:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Nice done Zeila!

one thing: measure 20 LH, make the higher layer notes beamed upwards. Maybe do the same in measure 19 as well.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on March 05, 2016, 09:19:27 PM(I assume you mean the half notes tied to quarter notes in the left hand)
The way I was taught, and correct me if I'm wrong on this, is that the first two and the last two beats of a measure should stay separate, and if one note carries into the other then it should be tied. I imagine there's probably exceptions to this rule, but if so I haven't heard of them.

I'm very sure that there are exceptions to this rule, if it's even is a rule. There are countless times I've seen a dotted half note on beat 1, or even a double-dotted, and even tripple-dotted, half notes on beat 1. I think the importance is that the dotted note has to be on the strong beats, then it's fine.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on March 06, 2016, 04:48:18 AMone thing: measure 20 LH, make the higher layer notes beamed upwards. Maybe do the same in measure 19 as well.
Fixed for m 20. If I flip the stems in m19, it clashes with the notes in the right hand.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on March 06, 2016, 04:48:18 AMI'm very sure that there are exceptions to this rule, if it's even is a rule. There are countless times I've seen a dotted half note on beat 1, or even a double-dotted, and even tripple-dotted, half notes on beat 1. I think the importance is that the dotted note has to be on the strong beats, then it's fine.
Okay, good to know. For now I'll leave them, since they don't really hurt anything. OP updated.

Yug_Guy

Yug_Guy

Yug_Guy

Latios212

Hey this looks pretty good. Would you like me to give this a quick visual brush-up (so you don't have to go through Notepad and all that)? There are a few minor things that stick out, mostly that your systems are misaligned on page 2, chord rolling symbols aren't positioned perfectly, and some places where layer use looks funny.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on April 05, 2016, 08:19:41 PMHey this looks pretty good. Would you like me to give this a quick visual brush-up (so you don't have to go through Notepad and all that)? There are a few minor things that stick out, mostly that your systems are misaligned on page 2, chord rolling symbols aren't positioned perfectly, and some places where layer use looks funny.
Please do.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot