News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[GBA] Wario Land 4 - "Monsoon Jungle" by Yug Guy

Started by Zeta, January 08, 2016, 11:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Wario Land 4
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Monsoon Jungle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8B--3C-UUk
I messed around with the XML file when converting from Musescore to Notepad, so hopefully the formatting is a lot better this time!

Oh, yes!!! :D I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post here, but I'm really happy to have this theme added, it's one of my favourites for the game! Well done! :)

Yug_Guy

Yug_Guy

BrainyLucario

It seems alright to me Yug_Guy, but then again, I do tend  to miss some things when reviewing sheets. Plus i'm just now starting to review
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Tobbeh99

Nice arrangement!

-The pickup measure: Isn't it just one note??

-measures 1-8 (and more probably): Isen't the note on beat 1 a third?? Also maybe have that chord arpeggiated.

-measure 28: switch layers, have them beamed in different directions.

-measures 33-37: I'd use a different layer for the higher notes, and also put accents on them. Using layers you can put the chord in measure 35, very last chord, in the RH as usual, or maybe cross-staff+reverse beam it to the LH (you might need some help with this, if your finale version get do that).

formatting: I'd recommend having 4 measures per system. Looks much better that way.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 27, 2016, 02:28:02 PM-The pickup measure: Isn't it just one note??
Nope. It's two notes.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 27, 2016, 02:28:02 PM-measures 1-8 (and more probably): Isen't the note on beat 1 a third?? Also maybe have that chord arpeggiated.
Do you mean add a third to the left hand? (i.e. C+E in m.1) I'm not sure I quite understand what you're asking.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 27, 2016, 02:28:02 PM-measure 28: switch layers, have them beamed in different directions.
Fixed
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 27, 2016, 02:28:02 PM-measures 33-37: I'd use a different layer for the higher notes, and also put accents on them. Using layers you can put the chord in measure 35, very last chord, in the RH as usual, or maybe cross-staff+reverse beam it to the LH (you might need some help with this, if your finale version get do that).
Fixed.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 27, 2016, 02:28:02 PMformatting: I'd recommend having 4 measures per system. Looks much better that way.
Notepad doesn't really allow me to do any formatting. Though, I'll take a look at the xml file and see if I can do anything with that.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 27, 2016, 02:28:02 PMNice arrangement!
Thank you!  :D  Files have been updated.

Tobbeh99

measure 2-4 and 6-8 (and maybe more): No, I think they're more notes at those beat which you are missing, BUT in the RH. Like measure 2 I think it's D+F.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 27, 2016, 05:01:27 PMmeasure 2-4 and 6-8 (and maybe more): No, I think they're more notes at those beat which you are missing, BUT in the RH. Like measure 2 I think it's D+F.
I just don't hear it (even at .5 speed). Perhaps someone else hears it? Anyone?

Yug_Guy

BrainyLucario

I don't really hear it either. That might just be me though.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Yug_Guy

Zeila

I took a look at it and Tobbeh is right. I went ahead and updated it for you
  • There were some missing harmonies that I added
  • I incorporated layers and opted for whole notes in the left hand part instead of combining the two parts together (ie, the harmonies are solely on the right hand). If you think it fits better in the left hand then feel free to just copy what you already have onto it
  • I moved the G in m12 to the left hand
  • Are the quarter notes tied to half notes really necessary (as opposed to just a dotted half note)? And in some places you have a quarter note tied to it, while others just have a rest. Is there any particular reason why? I left those the way they are, but maybe it would be better to standardize each of them
  • I moved the systems around so its around equal size on both pages, and also fixed some of the rests
  • Pretty solid

MIDI | MUS | MUSX | PDF

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Zeila on March 05, 2016, 08:47:12 PMAre the quarter notes tied to half notes really necessary (as opposed to just a dotted half note)? And in some places you have a quarter note tied to it, while others just have a rest. Is there any particular reason why? I left those the way they are, but maybe it would be better to standardize each of them
(I assume you mean the half notes tied to quarter notes in the left hand)
The way I was taught, and correct me if I'm wrong on this, is that the first two and the last two beats of a measure should stay separate, and if one note carries into the other then it should be tied. I imagine there's probably exceptions to this rule, but if so I haven't heard of them.

As for the second, it's honestly been so long that I can't remember. I believe it's because that's how long they're sustained for in the actual song, though it could've been for fingering purposes. I've taken a look and fixed one or two of them.

Otherwise, thank you so much! It looks great! OP updated.