News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

E. Gadd's Word of the Week & Others' Interpretations of Said Word™️

Started by E. Gadd Industries, January 03, 2016, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

4/6/15 Avoirdupois (n.)- 1. the series of units of weight based on the pound of 16 ounces and the ounce of 16 drams  2. weight, heaviness; especially: personal weight

Ooh! So the weight system used by 'Murica is the avoirdupois!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

mikey

except that's a French word
Uh vwah doo pwah
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

I know, I thought about how ironic that was, too. XD
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

E. Gadd Industries

4/7/16 Imbricate (adj.)- lying lapped over each other in regular order

So, most common architecture? It makes me think of cabins! What are your thoughts on the word?
-The Sign Painter

[close]

cashwarrior1

E. Gadd Industries

XD Yes, that is also imbricate (to an extent)

4/8/16 Exculpate (v.)- to clear from alleged fault or guilt
Ooh! A legal term! Very fancy!
-The Sign Painter

[close]

E. Gadd Industries

4/9/16 Baconian (n.)- one who loves bacon to an excess one who believes that Francis Bacon wrote the works usually attributed to Shakespeare

...Am I the only person who's never heard of this conspiracy before???
-The Sign Painter

[close]

Dudeman

It's pretty famous among English/literature circles. I don't really recall why the conspiracy exists at all, but there's a significant amount of people who think that someone else wrote Shakespeare's plays. Not necessarily Sir Francis Bacon, but he's among the top candidates.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

MaestroUGC

The main reason such theories exist is because people can't believe a commoner like Shakespeare could write those plays.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

E. Gadd Industries

Haven't said people heard of prodigies?
-The Sign Painter

[close]

mikey

but Shakespeare wrote his name differently on each of his plays!  Proof that they weren't written by the same person.
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Still not buying it. XD Now who thinks the moon landings were fake?
-The Sign Painter

[close]

mikey

I mean, come on.  You can see the stage lights reflected in their helmets.
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

XD That's plausible! Did you know the Sun is also a conspiracy? People (even the government!) tell us not to look at it!
4/10/16 Espiègle (adj.)- frolicsome, roguish
I may know a few people like this. Some of said people may frequent NSM. ::)
-The Sign Painter

[close]