News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

The OFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project!

Started by Olimar12345, December 30, 2015, 06:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: Sebastian on June 27, 2016, 03:56:15 PMWho's that?

Yeah, no matter how many accounts you make or how many times you change your name, I'm never calling you anything other than mlf or mariolegofan.  ;)

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Sebastian on June 27, 2016, 02:23:52 PMAlso Nebbles, me, and Yug_Guy.
Nope. I was also here way before Undertale, it's just that I just didn't do all that much before the arrangement project.

Quote from: Sebastian on June 27, 2016, 06:57:11 AMI was just looking through the "Files that should be opened up for others to do or straight-up deleted" folder. Are these songs that are so bad they need brand new sheets or songs we don't need?
I noticed two of them that aren't that bad:
- "Oh my.."
- "Small Shock"
Are these just not needed or do they need replaced?
Yeah, I noticed that too. Are these sheets that are unsalvageable, or ones that don't need to be included because they're too short/easy? Additionally, do you need me to fix anything for Oh My...?

Latios212

naw that was an accident those two have been moved you're fine
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

An Ending - [mus]
Quote from: Sebastian on June 27, 2016, 07:56:29 AM- The B in M. 2, 4, etc. (LH) is shorter than a half note.
I agree, but I'm hearing a full quarter instead of a staccato'd one

Quote from: Sebastian on June 27, 2016, 07:56:29 AM- The overall formatting is messy. You have a one measure system here and a 7 measure system there. Maybe play with the formatting until you get a nice measure distribution.
The one measure system only happens due to changing the key signature from C# to F# minor. Regardless, I redistributed the measures

Quote from: Sebastian on June 27, 2016, 07:56:29 AM- M. 23: 4th note (LH)(second layer) is a B.
I'm hearing an additional B instead of a replacement

Actually after thinking about it though, it would be easier to play the B as some people can't even play the F# anyways

Quote from: Sebastian on June 27, 2016, 07:56:29 AM- M. 51-end (RH): Decide if you're gonna use dyads, triads, or tetrads. A lot of these are made up notes and it's very inconsistent.
Some of them are actually triads instead of dyads like in m52/76 or 74 for example, but you're generally right. I got rid of the ones that weren't there originally/incorrect. If consistency is more important, then I could get rid of the middle notes for everything aside from measures like 63-66

I fixed everything else, hid the accidental in the RH second layer m31, and put a double barline right before the last section/page. Thanks for the feedback!

Snowdin Town - [mus]
Since she doesn't have Finale 2014 anymore, I decided to make all the changes myself. I didn't want to write out every single thing I changed as most measures were either changed in terms of note lengths/articulation or accuracy.
-   I revamped some measures (added some parts of the melody that weren't already in the sheet like on the 2nd beat in m1)
-   Added a rit. In m4
-   Formatting stuff
-   Added some harmonies and fixed some inaccurate notes
-   Added some staccatos and mordents instead of 32nd notes
-   Ended up omitting the whole notes m22-26

Ruins - [mus]
It seems as if Dinos is inactive, so again, I made the changes myself. Likewise, a lot of the measures were changed so I generalized them
-   Changed some note durations/added articulation (although I don't hear a staccato in An Ending, I hear some in this song)
-   Changed it from 7 flats to 5 sharps
-   Added dynamics and layers. I decided not to put the 4-note phrase thing in a 2nd layer
-   Added a repeat for the section starting from m21
-   Changed the grace notes in m4 to a mordent
-   Added some missing harmonies
-   m16/32 is iffy
-   Fixed up some measures in order to put the melody
-   Added some missing notes/parts m49-end, as well as fixed some incorrect ones
-   For m21+, idk how to do the "vertical bracket" thing like in the Canalave City sheet

Also, if I changed too much (like with adding the 2nd layer m49-end) then just copy the RH from the original and change the wrong notes. It would be great if Dinos gave the okay though (this took way longer than I thought it would)

Olimar12345

Quote from: Sebastian on June 27, 2016, 07:56:29 AMAnyway, feedback time.

082 - She's Playing Piano - Olimar12345
- I'm hearing an extra note in the first 2 measures (left hand). This?
Spoiler
[close]
Unfortunately, it's a tenth. Didn't know if you left it out on purpose for that very reason. Just a recommendation.

- Beaming. Maybe something like this would be easier to read?
Spoiler
[close]

- I'm hearing this for the last measure:
Spoiler
[close]

-Thanks, I'll add that in. Tenths are fine like this because it's a simple passage and the tenth (and all notes in the chord) resides within the same manual.

-I half-agree with you there (and almost did this) but decided not to, and instead added a "3+2" beat distribution indicator.

-It's definitely not that. That chord implies a C7 chord, which it is absolutely not. It definitely has a Bb major tonality to it, although I'll admit the texture I previously had was not quite up-to-par (mostly because the bass becomes doubled in the last two measures). Either way, I've adjusted it and made a version that I'm more proud of.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 28, 2016, 01:46:19 AM-Thanks, I'll add that in. Tenths are fine like this because it's a simple passage and the tenth (and all notes in the chord) resides within the same manual.
Awesome! That will give this piece that cool effect.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 28, 2016, 01:46:19 AM-I half-agree with you there (and almost did this) but decided not to, and instead added a "3+2" beat distribution indicator.
Ok. Personally, I don't have a problem with performing and/or sight-reading this kinda stuff.
That'll work just fine.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 28, 2016, 01:46:19 AM-It's definitely not that. That chord implies a C7 chord, which it is absolutely not. It definitely has a Bb major tonality to it, although I'll admit the texture I previously had was not quite up-to-par (mostly because the bass becomes doubled in the last two measures). Either way, I've adjusted it and made a version that I'm more proud of.
It's all good.

[snip]

Olimar12345: Yeah, don't do that.

Sebastian

074 - Small Shock - dino24sp
Since dino isn't really around, I made some changes.
[MUS]
What I did:
- Fixed the incorrect notes.
- Fixed formatting issues.
- Fixed the key sig.
- I changed it to 5/4. I feel it flows much better in 5/4. I'd like to hear what you guys think. I'm sure there will be people that disagree since this is an odd and off-the-wall thing to do for such a simple song.

067 - Oh My... - Yug_Guy
- BPM/metronome marking is QN = 116.
- These darn short themes always mix me up (Lol, does anyone remember Ocarina Melodies?); however, I believe that the key sig is either E Minor or E Dorian. I say E Dorian very cautiously since I only bring it up because of the C# in the last measure. We'll need a second opinion on the key sig, but I'm pretty sure it's E Minor.

058 - Death Report - Sebastian
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mf4xpdloxeyj0ay/058%20-%20Death%20Report%20-%20Sebastian.mus?dl=1
- Fidgeted with the formatting a bit. I don't like the cramped state it is currently in.
- Changed the arranger name.
- Added some dotted lines to give extra clarification to the performer.

Olimar12345

Updated the files for the three Zeila did, with the following tweaks.

An Ending
-Made the "Play 3x's" thing an actual repeat sign.

Snowdin Town
-added in the missing second ending.

Ruins (ugh I hate musescore imports...)
-measure 37-the ending brackets need to be the highest thing, so I moved the 8va below it. Think of it as an "everything under this bracket is part of the ending" thing.
I'm saving this one as a copy.

I haven't gotten a chance to comb through them enough to accept them yet, but I'll probably get that chance tonight.

Olimar12345

Zeila

Quote from: Zeila on June 26, 2016, 03:35:00 PMWoo~

In order to help keep this going, I decided to fix some of the arrangements I did, along with others at some point. For now, I fixed up Last Goodbye [mus]

- I got rid of the top Fs in m67-68
- Fixed a few formatting stuff
- Got rid of that part I came up with from m55-59
- Changed a few note lengths
- Added some harmonies, put an 8va, and messed around with m35-42
- Added some harmonies in m49 and 59-61

Also, here's Thundersnail since ProfCocoa seems to have disappeared
[mus]
Just a reminder in case you forgot

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Sebastian on June 28, 2016, 09:12:40 AM067 - Oh My... - Yug_Guy
- BPM/metronome marking is QN = 116.
- These darn short themes always mix me up (Lol, does anyone remember Ocarina Melodies?); however, I believe that the key sig is either E Minor or E Dorian. I say E Dorian very cautiously since I only bring it up because of the C# in the last measure. We'll need a second opinion on the key sig, but I'm pretty sure it's E Minor.
Et voila! Metronome marking is changed to 116, and the key sig is changed to E minor.

Olimar12345

Olimar12345

064 - CORE Approach - Dinos24SP is now accepted.

Quote from: Zeila on June 28, 2016, 11:23:18 AMJust a reminder in case you forgot

These two files have been updated.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Olimar12345