Submission Information:

Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man X2
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Sigma Stage 1
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: N

Altissimo

Formatting Guidelines - and don't forget to post a youtube video of the arrangement, too.

N

N

Any thoughts? I think I have all the fonts and such correct now. If anyone sees any rhythm errors I can change them. The 2 parts in the LH don't often line up, so I turned many appropriate dotted quarters into eighths tied to quarters. I could change the rhythm in measures 11, 19, and 21 to end into dotted quarters with staccato-tenuto markings if that would help for reading, or leave them if they are okay as is. Hope to hear back :) have a good day.

Olimar12345

The forwards repeat bar at the beginning is unnecessary and can be removed. Would you mind turning all quarter notes that appear on the upbeat of two into two eighth notes tied together?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Do you really consider the "don't emphasize the grace notes" text necessary? Grace notes are never emphasized by general rule after all. Just askin'.

Oh and very nice job~

N

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 30, 2015, 10:59:14 AMThe forwards repeat bar at the beginning is unnecessary and can be removed. Would you mind turning all quarter notes that appear on the upbeat of two into two eighth notes tied together?
Thanks for the feedback. I do believe that I weeded them all out, and I got rid of that forwards repeat. Would you like me to do the same to any quarters on the "and" of beat one?

Quote from: DonValentino on December 30, 2015, 12:06:01 PMDo you really consider the "don't emphasize the grace notes" text necessary?
Thank you! I guess I just put that there because the grace notes on the piano sound much more "artificial" compared to the scoops from the synth in the recording, and due to the large amount of scoops, it sounds a little comical :P I can definitely take that out though!

DonValentino

Quote from: N on December 30, 2015, 12:17:11 PMThank you! I guess I just put that there because the grace notes on the piano sound much more "artificial" compared to the scoops from the synth in the recording, and due to the large amount of scoops, it sounds a little comical :P I can definitely take that out though!

It just caught my attention lol
Haha I wouldn't really worry about that, take "Stage Select" from Mega Man 8 for example. The solution I offered back then was simply adding slurs, and it looks perfectly fine.

As you say anyways, that kind of synth effects don't really translate well to piano, but hey, we gotta work with what we have!

N

Quote from: DonValentino on December 30, 2015, 12:27:38 PMIt just caught my attention lol
The solution I offered back then was simply adding slurs, and it looks perfectly fine.

I might just do that!