News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[3DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity - "Ragged Mountain" by Bespinben

Started by Zeta, December 26, 2015, 11:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Ragged Mountain
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bespinben

[attachment deleted by admin]

FireArrow

For the polyrhythm do you think you could just put the L.H. in 4/4 and keep the R.H. in 12/8. I've never seen polyrhythms arranged such that it's in a compound meter with the bass notated as straight eights, then again that's likely just my lack of experience on the subject.

Edit: Never mind I'm stupid.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bespinben

The beginning of the song has 3 major lines - a syncopated bass, a wooden recorder (exchanged with the violin at m.12), and the duplet harp ostinato. The conclusion I came to was to base the left hand in m.4-11 on the harp part, playing the bass notes momentarily without the rhythm thereof, and then, from m.12, to base the left hand on the syncopated bass, with the rhythm.

In short, writing a separate "straight" time signature for the LH would obfuscate the fact there is indeed a compound time bass line that I had to omit for reasons of textural variation and practicality.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Great arrangement.
The only advice I could ever give at this point is one of personal preference. There are lots of fingering numbers that you've graciously put in, but IMHO at places like M.16, I'd always put the fingerings below the chords, as you've done in M.14, to stay consistent (and honestly, when you have finger numbers all over the staff(s) it can really clutter things).
Cheers!
what is shitpost

Latios212

Here's a video of me ragequitting on page 3 trying this piece out.

My thoughts:
- Playability: it's pretty doable, I'm just not good enough at it yet lol. The sixteenth notes in LH from m. 20 onwards are tough but can be skipped while playing without detracting from the piece (I think).
- Fingerings: I found some of them helpful but disagreed with others. I personally thought not moving my right hand in the intro felt more comfortable, but hey, what you wrote is just as valid!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on December 26, 2015, 11:09:35 PMat places like M.16, I'd always put the fingerings below the chords, as you've done in M.14, to stay consistent
Cheers!
The reason for the seeming inconsistency is due to layer usage. In m. 14, only one layer was in use, so I wrote all the fingerings in the same place, in contrast to m. 16, in which I wrote the fingerings for the lower layer below, and the fingerings for the upper layer above.

And a cheer to you as well!

Quote from: Latios212 on December 27, 2015, 12:06:01 PMHere's a video of me ragequitting on page 3 trying this piece out.
YOU MUST FINISH THIS EXCELLENT COVER
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeta