[GCN] Super Mario Sunshine - "Secret Course" (Replacement) by E. Gadd Industries

Started by Zeta, December 23, 2015, 04:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Sunshine
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Secret Course
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: E. Gadd Industries

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

E. Gadd Industries

I tried to upload a .MUSX file with it, but it wouldn't let me...?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Ok, I made a quick update. Also, even after TMP uploaded a .MUSX to the submission thread for me, whenI went in to add the newest version, it wouldn't accept the file. What's going on as to why I can't upload .MUSX files, and is there a way to resolve that problem?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Yet another quick little update has been made! Oh, don't click the .MUSX, it's outdated. I still can't figure out what's wrong with the system, why it isn't letting me upload those types of files... Anyhoo, if someone could, would it be possible for someone to check out the PDF? Olimar is saying the PDF for CNZ isn't displaying properly... Please tell me if anything seems wrong with the way it displays! (Or the piece itself)
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

The PDF is working for me, so I'll look at it; good arrangement by the way!
- M.30; how do you intend that to be split between the hands? You may want to add some lines or "L.H." markings.
Also, shouldn't the title be "Secret Course", or something more descriptive than "secret"? Secret could imply anything, secret course gives much more of an idea of what you're going to play.
what is shitpost

E. Gadd Industries

Thanks for the feedback! Concerning the whole name thing, how would I go about fixing that? It's a replacement, and the name of the pre-existing sheet on-site is just "Secret". How would I be able to change that in the submission itself, or are you just referring to the sheet itself? Also, I'll take a look at m30 promptly.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Decide on a name (I don't think there's an official release of the Sunshine soundtrack so use your best judgement) and I'll edit the site accordingly.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

E. Gadd Industries

Ima go with "Secret Course" (Platforms a-Plenty sounds weird imo). Oh, concerning m30, how would I notate all chords in the 2nd voice in the bass clef need to be played by RH? Would it just be "RH" on all chords?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Just notate it with "R.H.", preferably with some sort of bracket indicating which notes are to be played with the RH.
what is shitpost

E. Gadd Industries

Where are the brackets like that located? I've looked online and can't find anything and I've also looked through Finale. Unless you're talking about the ending brackets. Sorry, I'm still relatively new to Finale.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'm not at my computer right now, but I believe they're in the SmartShape tool.
what is shitpost

WandringMinstrel

Hi! I have a few notes about this arrangement.

In measures 5-7, I'd recommend adding the beat 1 C from the middle voice, despite it also occurring in the top voice. Best bet would probably be in the top staff, stem down (replacing the eighth rest).

Regarding measures 8-19, it's bad form to beam quavers/eighth notes across beats. Best to split them into tied semiquavers (sixteenths), e.g. splitting the E natural in measure 8 so that the beats are clear. I see you do this most of the time, so just keep it consistent.

In measures 11 and 15, I think Ab would be more appropriate than G#, given the Eb and G natural in the same chord. It took listening to the song again to realize that there is a B natural in the chord there against the Bb. A courtesy accidental would be nice to add in that spot.

There are a few other small formatting things I'm not sure of, that might just come from not being too familiar with Finale. In an arrangement like this, tools cross-staving and hiding rests might come in handy; there are plenty of resources online that can help you learn the programme.

Overall, great work!
Less is More. Show, Don't Tell. God is in the Details.
My Arrangements Thread: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7510.0

mastersuperfan

I think you should throw in some staccatos into the arrangement to represent the bounciness of the original.

Also, maybe shrink the size a little bit down to fit 5 systems onto the first page so that you don't have a page at the end with only one system.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Oh yes, a formatting issue; Set all of your systems to 3 measures each. There are a few systems with two in them, and it looks fine with 3 each, allowing us to save the one line page XD
what is shitpost