News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [WiiU] Splatoon - "Splattack!" by BrainyLucario

Started by Zeta, December 22, 2015, 02:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Splatoon
Console: Wii U
Title: Splattack!
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: BrainyLucario

BrainyLucario

I need the Metronome marking to be 175 but i can't seem to add that to the mus file

Edit: I also noticed that the pdf does not work...... Does anyone know how to convert mus files to pdf files?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

E. Gadd Industries

For future reference with submitting things, always including a YouTube link in the comments below the OP to give the mods and mupdaters an easier time and so the people who've never heard the song can kinda have an idea as to what they're seeing in your sheets.

Edit: Ok, I see I'll need to help you with the BPM markings and such. I'll get to that ASAP.

Edit 2:
Here's some feedback-
-Concerning the title, it needs to be bold type along with composer name, and the game name and arranger name need to be italicized (I'm pretty sure the game name is Splatoon w/o the "s", but I may be wrong)
-It seems as though there is an absence of dynamic markings; you need at least one
-Measure 12 looks a bit messy; see if there's anyway you can make it a bit cleaner and easier to read
-Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't have a half note in the middle of a measure (such as in m5, 7, 9, 11 (all RH), and others), and similarly, you mustn't have a dotted quarter note like that (m40 LH); change it to an eighth tied to a quarter
-m53 and 55-64: I'm pretty sure you meant legato markings (referred to as slurs) where those ties are. While the two are similar in structure, they serve two different purposes and shouldn't be used interchangeably.
That's all I saw in a quick run-through of the piece, if there's more, I apologize for not seeing it. If I'm wrong on anything, it'd be appreciated for someone to notify me as such.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Tobbeh99

Nice Arrangement!

Here I made a mus with good formatting so we have that out of the way; use the template on this thread next time.

there is one frequent error I see:
The song goes in 4/4 which have 1 and 3 as the strong beats. You have to have a note on the 3rd beat, there are many times where you have a quarter note on the up-beat of the 2nd beat, like 3 8th notes and one quarter note. For example in measure 3, as you can see 3 8th notes followed by a quarter note. The correct way of writing this is by using ties, like 4 8th notes and the last one tied to a half note or what ever note value you want. Sometimes you have done correctly however, measure 10 is one example where you have used ties to show the 3rd beat.

also measure 44: make the layer beam opposite: red notes upwards black downwards, so they doesn't collide.

There are a lot of stuff concerning the music that needs to be checked but I'll return later with that. One thing however, measure 37, I'm pretty sure the melody plays C-A-C-A, rather than C-A-B-A, just all the other times.

Also feel free too take inspiration from my arrangement on the E3 version of Splattack!, you can find it on the main site.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

BrainyLucario

PDF has been updated thabks to the help of E. Gadd Industries!!! It should work now..

Olimar12345

Definitely get on those changes that Tobbeh suggested. Those things alone would do wonders for this arrangement.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BrainyLucario

BrainyLucario

How exactly do i make the layer beam opposite? I have Notepad so i am kind of disabled. ???

ShadowChords

Those C sharps in 15 and 19 shoud be Ds.

Also, somewhere in between 29 and 32 there is a point of bass-melody non-agreement.
I can arrange for quartets and quintets. I'm willing to review any Pokemon arrangement.

And here's my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MansionXx

Zeila

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 22, 2015, 08:48:40 PMHow exactly do i make the layer beam opposite? I have Notepad so i am kind of disabled. ???
I think you can just use the letter L as a shortcut

mikey

yeah, "L" is for "flip"
"P" is for "courtesy accidental"
unmotivated

Dudeman

Nocturne, are you sure you know how the alphabet works?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

Fixed ShadowChords corrections....
Pdf is not updated... E Gadd helps me with that

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Zeila on December 22, 2015, 09:15:34 PMI think you can just use the letter L as a shortcut
And how would i do that? Bear with me everyone... I really have not gotten used to notepad yet.

Zeila

Just select the note and press 'L' specifically. There's a difference between lower and uppercase