News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[GBA] Pokémon Ruby Version & Pokémon Sapphire Version - "Battle! (Super-Ancient Pokémon)" by Pianist

Started by Zeta, December 19, 2015, 09:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Your page margins are all over the place. Check out the template file (you can even use it if you want).
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Standardized.
Just FYI, I now use the Template file for all arrangements (I work natively in Finale now as opposed to other software), and it works well. Just need to get this one done.
what is shitpost

Bespinben

Seems pretty solid from the arranging side of things! Nice.

However, there are some very basic engraving errors:
(1) Your treble staff is sized at 95% while the bass staff is sized at 100%
(2) Your tempo marking is floating off far too much the left. No published sheet I've seen has ever put the tempo marking anywhere beyond the left margin of the systems. Trust Finale's default position on this one: vertically aligned with the left-end of the time signature.
(3) Your arranger and composer credits should be vertically aligned with the right margin of the systems.
(4) First system indent
(5) You've set the space in-between each system at 0.79', resulting in significant cramping of space with the dynamic markings in m. 11-16. Give yourself some breathing room.
(6) The upper slur marking in m. 11 doesn't taper off to the correct destination.
(7) You reset your bass ottava marking for each system, instead of connecting it continuously.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Bespinben on March 09, 2016, 04:42:37 PMSeems pretty solid from the arranging side of things! Nice.
Yay I'm improving! Maybe

QuoteHowever, there are some very basic engraving errors:
(1) Your treble staff is sized at 95% while the bass staff is sized at 100%
Fixed.

Quote(2) Your tempo marking is floating off far too much the left. No published sheet I've seen has ever put the tempo marking anywhere beyond the left margin of the systems. Trust Finale's default position on this one: vertically aligned with the left-end of the time signature.
Fixed.
Quote(3) Your arranger and composer credits should be vertically aligned with the right margin of the systems.
Fixed.
Quote(4) First system indent
Fixed
Quote(5) You've set the space in-between each system at 0.79', resulting in significant cramping of space with the dynamic markings in m. 11-16. Give yourself some breathing room.
Fixed that system.
Quote(6) The upper slur marking in m. 11 doesn't taper off to the correct destination.
Fixed in all instances.
Quote(7) You reset your bass ottava marking for each system, instead of connecting it continuously.
Fixed, and the bass ottava now reads "8vb" instead of "8va".

I've updated the files. Also, FWIW, I now arrange completely in Finale, so my next arrangements won't have this kind of thing!
what is shitpost

Latios212

I have some suggestions I would like to discuss sometime over the next few days when I have a bit more time than I do now...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Olimar12345

Could still use some polishing imo:

-There is a clear silence between beats 1 and 2 in measures 5-10 in the RH, could you change those quarter notes into eighth notes with eighth rests?
-The dynamic markings seem to make little sense, and could be improved upon. Page 1 seems fine, but I'd change the second page completely if I were you. I'd make measure 11 (sub) mp, then write a cresc. at the beginning of measure 12 leading to the forte on beat three. 13 would be mf, then cresc. the same in 13 to the fortissimo on beat three. forte in 15, then cresc. at the beginning of 16, but only to fortissimo on beat three (like you have written). At measure 17 I'd put forte in the RH and sub p. in the LH, like you did in both of those places on page 1. 19 I'd put a piano marking in parenthesis between the two staves, to indicate that both hands are now playing the same dynamic. In case I lost you in all of that, here's a picture:
Spoiler
[close]
-Measures 12 and 14 RH layer two half notes on beat three should both be an Ab above the staff.
-Beat 1 of measures 11 and 12 RH (both layers) should be up an octave, exactly like you have it in 13 and 14.
-Measures 17 and 18 (LH) should be the same as 19 and 20, with the exception of the upper B natural on beat four of 18 (as in, they should only be quarter notes).

Edit: spoiler tag fixed.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Fixed & files are updated.
EDIT: Fixing other stuff atm..
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Fixed everything and updated files.
BTW, @ this:
Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 19, 2016, 03:16:02 PM-Measures 17 and 18 (LH) should be the same as 19 and 20, with the exception of the upper B natural on beat four of 18 (as in, they should only be quarter notes).
I chose to keep the rhythm as it is to emulate the timpani line.
what is shitpost