News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap Unofficial Arrangement Project!!!

Started by mikey, December 17, 2015, 09:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

unmotivated

Zeila

I would, but I already have two sheets submitted already. I'll do it after one of them gets accepted

Tobbeh99

Nice arrangement Zeila!

One thing:

The time signature change. I think it's unnecessary complicated. I'm very sure you could just write it all in 4/4. That last thing I think is just the 3+3+3+3+2+2 rhythm that occurs in many 4/4 songs.

Maybe also write the LH chords 1 octave higher, It would make them more bright and less muddy.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zeila

Thanks! The newer version has "v2" at the end

this UAP is blessed by Hylia... two double zero time posts in the same day

Onionleaf

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 18, 2015, 02:36:47 AMWell the thing is that there's no point in having 2 identical sheets on site, even for the fact that they are from different games. And we usually keep the one from the earliest game, or possibly the game it is more known from.

And Syrup's Shop in Minish Cap is very similar to Shop from Link's Awakening, so I doubt we'll need one for both. But I haven't looked at both themes in detail so I can't say for sure atm.

I, too, was wondering about this... Some of the tunes appear in previously released Zelda games (eg. the House theme), so it might be a good idea to check for any similarities that could cause some arrangements to look the same? I'd be happy to pick up an arrangement, but just wanted to ask about this in case something has already been completed, but is under a different Zelda game.

mikey

Honest answer?  I've got no clue.  I feel like Minish Cap's soundfont is different enough to make possible interpretations of transcriptions different, but I don't know what I'm doing and if this became the official project I'd have to turn it over to someone competent :D

Zelda has a present for everyone who picked up a sheet or two:

This is making me want to play it again, but I don't own it...
WAIT!  TO THE VIRTUALCONSOLEMOBILE
unmotivated

mikey

Quote from: Onionleaf on December 18, 2015, 07:09:58 PMI, too, was wondering about this... Some of the tunes appear in previously released Zelda games (eg. the House theme), so it might be a good idea to check for any similarities that could cause some arrangements to look the same? I'd be happy to pick up an arrangement, but just wanted to ask about this in case something has already been completed, but is under a different Zelda game.
"House" is in fact different from the one on site already.

"Syrup's Shop"... it's hard to say.  It definitely sounds close but the GBC games sound so different from the GBA games
unmotivated

braix

CAN I CLAIM HYRULE TOWN AND HOUSE

oh and also you might want to put the op like
[track number]: [song] - [arranger]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

Onionleaf

After listening through a couple of other tracks, I'll have to agree that this OST does sound different enough to warrant its own arrangements. Just wanted to make sure that we're aware of the possibility of duplicate arrangements. ;) Maybe once people have a go at arranging a song, if they find that it's turning out similar to another one from an earlier game, they could let everyone know about their findings. (Can you tell that I'm too lazy to check through the OST myself? lol)

Wow, a lot of these tracks are actually quite spooky, if the game wasn't so cute I'd be scared going through the dungeons. :o I'd like to pick up an easier one for now... how about Ezlo's Past.

mikey

urp my bad Ezlo's Past is already on site D:
unless you think it needs a replacement
unmotivated

DonValentino

Oh yeah I forgot, I'll also do a replacement of my Picori Festival Duet as well as a solo version.

mikey

First sheet accepted!  Ezlo shouts words of encouragement!  Ezlo, stop shouting...
unmotivated

DonValentino

Nocturne and I have been talking about the tracklist, and I thought I would share my opinion here so that everyone can do so too.

Quote from: DonValentino on December 20, 2015, 04:18:27 AMSome songs like "Danger" or the unused "Lost Woods" [in response for songs that are missing from the sound test], but honestly, it's really hard to do a proper tracklist when you can't find a truly reliable source. Some have more songs, some less, some have alternate track names... lol I even found one with 65 (A Kingdom Restored is a Princess Zelda duplicate and not counting Hyrule Castle with intro). [link removed just in case]

Problem is that none of them are really "wrong". I agree that we could use the sound test as a reference for the number of tracks, but at least, let's reorganize the track order so it actually makes sense d:

And regarding the actual track names I think that when there's no official tracklist, already existing names can be used indistinctly. It would be better to let the arranger choose the one they prefer, don't you agree? That's why after thinking it, I'd suggest we also include other naming options so the arranger knows that there are more than one at least.

All in all, I think I'm not the only one who isn't satisfied with a generic name like "Minigame", whereas it could be something more specific and evocative like "Cucco Chase!".

Sooo these are my thoughts.

Tobbeh99

^^

I think that's a good idea. Maybe we could add the unused tracks later, when we have investigated that issue more in depth. Also the names: I'd go with some popular title since there is no official soundtrack. Usually there are like 2 different names for these songs, so it's just to chose which one you feel is better.

Also, you could touch up the OP nocturne. Showing which sheets needs replacements, and which ones are fine. And also, if you want (less necessary), show from whom a certain sheet is in progress by "in progress by "name"".

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 18, 2015, 02:24:37 AMAlso here's a list of songs that needs replacement or heavily cleaned up:
Clouds
Minigame
Minish Woods
Palace of the Winds
Picori festival (Solo)
Syrup the Witch

Also I think Syrup the witch should be under Link's Awakening since it originates from that game, I don't think this version is enough different but please tell me if I'm wrong.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 18, 2015, 05:17:16 AMYou could add some colors to the ones on site. Like:
Red: needs replacement
Orange/yellow or something: needs fixing
Green: perfectly fine

I've listed those that need replacement in my previous comment.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh