News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Pikmin!

Started by musicguy49, June 17, 2008, 01:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicguy49

Man, it's been a long time since we had any Pikmin news...last time was Olimar in Brawl...
I'm still waiting for a Pikmin 3 for Wii or a Pikmin DS.
Is the franchise dead? I tought it was quite popular...guess we'll have to wait and see...
What do you guys think?

Shiny Boy

I should probably pick up one of those...I've only played 2 for a short span (as in an hour or so). Pikmin Wii would be a good move, or DS. Perhaps...WiiWare (for a smallish version)?
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

KefkaticFanatic

Last E3 Miyamoto said he wanted to make another one, so that pretty much means there's going to be.  That might be one of the things to interest core gamers that they said they're going to talk about this E3.  Woo.  Pikmin was awesome.

me irl
[close]

scooterulez

If they do make a new one, what kind of new pikmin would be in it? I want an orange pikmin.

DBJack

Quote from: scooterulez on June 17, 2008, 06:57:46 PMIf they do make a new one, what kind of new pikmin would be in it? I want an orange pikmin.

There would need to be new powers though. There's already fire, electric, water, fighting, poison, and high jumping. I could think of a rubber one that can't be crushed and can bounce off the top of my head. My problem is that what challenges could be made that we haven't already overcome? Maybe a desert map, maybe a rainy map where you must move from shelter to shelter quickly, maybe a suburban map? I really do look forward to another pikmin, no matter how it's handled.

You're doing it wrong! Failure!

KefkaticFanatic

Green ninja pikmin :D

They could be like the green minions in Overlord, they go invisible and have a sneak attack.

me irl
[close]

DBJack

Wouldn't the monsters being sneaked up on see Olimar leading his ninjas?  ;D

You're doing it wrong! Failure!

KefkaticFanatic

Lead them from AFAR.

Or set them up to hide as you lure the monster past them.

me irl
[close]

fluidlife

They are gonna make pikmin 3, soon, its a new series. Nintendo probably won't ditch one of there few new series.

We need to see more of pit, game and watch, ice climbers, rob etc.
Oh and snake, because Metal gear solid is just awesome. :)
Noob right here, any easy songs tell me, plz and thx.

starpikachu

Hehe. Pikmin 3. Maybe this time I will get it.

Pit, Ice Climbers, G&W, R.O.B. (R.O.B. isn't a game, it's an accessory for the NES or Famicon) are really old and I don't think Nintendo will ever revive them unless they're extremely popular in Brawl. They made Fire Emblem international after Roy and Marth were in Melee, so maybe they still have a chance.

And Snake just had a new game, Metal Gear Solid 4. If you don't know that, then you fail the gaming subject.

Olimar12345

so its confirmed that they will make a new pikmin game...  WOOO HOOO!

Quote from: starpikachu on June 21, 2008, 12:28:04 PMHehe. Pikmin 3. Maybe this time I will get it.

Pit, Ice Climbers, G&W, R.O.B. (R.O.B. isn't a game, it's an accessory for the NES or Famicon) are really old and I don't think Nintendo will ever revive them unless they're extremely popular in Brawl. They made Fire Emblem international after Roy and Marth were in Melee, so maybe they still have a chance.

And Snake just had a new game, Metal Gear Solid 4. If you don't know that, then you fail the gaming subject.
I, too, wonder about them-but i think i herd somewhere that they R making a new game 4 pit...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

starpikachu

Quote from: olimar12345 on June 23, 2008, 08:47:24 PMI, too, wonder about them-but i think i herd somewhere that they R making a new game 4 pit...
Kid Icarus DS, perhaps?

White Wolfos

I think that by putting Olimar in Brawl is a sign that the franchise is not dead. And Pikmin is one of Miyamoto's favorite series.

generalmayo

next one would probably be about an evil pikmin trying to take over the planet!

okay okay I get it

Nakah

I think a pikmin 3 for the Wii would be very interesting.