[PC] Undertale - "Death by Glamour" by mastersuperfan

Started by Zeta, December 13, 2015, 07:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesterMusician

I really didn't intend for this to be do conflicting. I'm willing to cancel my submission in favor of MSF's. I've already got two arrangements on the site, and I like it in Eb minor, so I'll just keep it for my own collection. That said, feel free to take some inspiration from mine if it will improve yours. ;)

FireArrow

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 14, 2015, 03:14:40 PMI've been hearing this lately. It seems like the Updating Team is transitioning from "accuracy" to "arranger discretion" (in the loosest sense of the term). We shouldn't just let people leave out notes because they feel like or do this and that because they feel like it. We should strive to keep sheets as accurate as possible while keeping them playable and fun. Even adding a few notes sometimes isn't a problem, but leaving things out shouldn't be done unless the playablility or some other good reason is given.
I'm sorry if I sound rude or disrespectful, Bespinben, but I feel I needed to speak up. :)
Peace.

I think a big part of it is that double checking accuracy for every voice is a lot of work to the point where the updaters are practically rearranging every sheet from scratch. That begs the question of why we even have arrangers, if the updators are just gonna be retranscribing every voice anyways to double check it. The job of the updaters is to simply to make sure the sheets are at a certain level of quality before going on site.

As an example, Don's Canalave City has an incorrect note in the counter melody. Considering he's an updater, this was probably purposeful. Should Bespinben really of been expected to retranscribe that entire counter melody to find the one wrong note, which doesn't even detract from the quality of the piece, just to bring up a discussion point that may or may not result in any changes? Should he be expected to do that for every single submission? As long as the piece is accurate enough, playable, and meet's our guidelines, I feel it should be allowed on site. If you don't like it, you're always welcome to submit a replacement.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mastersuperfan

Quote from: JesterMusician on December 14, 2015, 04:58:46 PMI really didn't intend for this to be do conflicting. I'm willing to cancel my submission in favor of MSF's. I've already got two arrangements on the site, and I like it in Eb minor, so I'll just keep it for my own collection. That said, feel free to take some inspiration from mine if it will improve yours. ;)

Thanks much! I've spent a lot of time on this arrangement, as this is definitely the hardest one I've done yet. I'm rather proud of it.

I've been fixing quite a few things lately. Files updated; any feedback?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 15, 2015, 02:48:43 PMThanks much! I've spent a lot of time on this arrangement, as this is definitely the hardest one I've done yet. I'm rather proud of it.

I've been fixing quite a few things lately. Files updated; any feedback?
You have done an excellent job on the song.... Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it... Keep  up the great work!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mastersuperfan

Olimar12345

Got around to looking at it (now that I am extremely familiar with the piece) and it looks nice. gj
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Olimar12345.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot