News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[N64] Yoshi's Story - "Yoshi's Song" by Jegilmer

Started by Zeta, December 03, 2015, 03:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jegilmer

Quote from: Sebastian on February 18, 2016, 09:53:16 AM- Changed a couple notes in the left hand on the top of page 2.

Thanks! I didn't realize I missed left out a couple of the chord tones.

Quote from: Sebastian on February 18, 2016, 09:53:16 AM- With the help of Latios' genius idea, I fixed up measures 18 & 19.

Looks good! However, just out of curiosity, why did you guys decide to make the triplet line in m. 18 into 2 voices?

Quote from: Sebastian on February 18, 2016, 09:53:16 AM- The beaming was way off in measures 32 & 33. I also moved the notes down for playability reasons.
- Measure 36 was a problem.

Yeah I don't know the correct way to notate dotted eighth note beaming groups.

However, I still think m. 36 should have maybe a forte piano because in the original composition, it sounds like there is a dynamic change there.

jegilmer

Quote from: Latios212 on February 18, 2016, 11:22:20 AMHaving at in the original would be problematic, but one octave up from what you currently have would be fine.

Also: Jegilmer, can we help edit files in the OP for you? (Just in general, not just this sub.)

Yeah I agree, the two lines would intersect way to much to have it where I originally had it.

And yes that would be perfectly fine with me!

Sebastian

Quote from: jegilmer on February 18, 2016, 11:32:26 AMLooks good! However, just out of curiosity, why did you guys decide to make the triplet line in m. 18 into 2 voices?
So it doesn't look messy.

Quote from: jegilmer on February 18, 2016, 11:32:26 AMHowever, I still think m. 36 should have maybe a piano forte because in the original composition, it sounds like there is a dynamic change there.
I agree.

Quote from: jegilmer on February 18, 2016, 11:35:02 AMYeah I agree, the two lines would intersect way to much to have it where I originally had it.

And yes that would be perfectly fine with me!
Here are the updated links with the forte and that section one octave higher.
[MUS] [PDF]

jegilmer

Thanks for all of the help! I updated the links for this submission as well.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

jegilmer

I don't think I have that ability with Finale Notepad :/

Latios212

Better now. Check OP.

@Sebastian: Key wasn't fixed until I did it just now.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot