News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[N64] Yoshi's Story - "Yoshi's Song" by Jegilmer

Started by Zeta, December 03, 2015, 03:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Yoshi's Story
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Yoshi's Song
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Jegilmer

[attachment deleted by admin]

jegilmer

My MUS file is messy because it is actually imported XML from Sibelius. I only have Notepad, so I cannot clean it up on my own.

Here is the YouTube video:

jegilmer

I still need some feedback on this submission whenever someone gets the chance :D

Tobbeh99

-An error I see is that you have a lot of, what should I call it, repeated accidentals. Look at measure 10 for example, every note has an accidental.

-This arrangement could fit on 2 pages, if you size the page down and adjust the systems.

-You could try to imitate the xylophone tremolos by using tremolos. I'm thinking about measures 30,31 and 36. You could either do tremolo by repeated notes on a single note (maybe more suited in measure 36) or as an interval tremolo (maybe better in measures 30 and 31).
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

jegilmer

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 26, 2015, 03:30:18 PM-An error I see is that you have a lot of, what should I call it, repeated accidentals. Look at measure 10 for example, every note has an accidental.

-This arrangement could fit on 2 pages, if you size the page down and adjust the systems.

Yeah sorry about this, I imported an XML file from Sibelius, that's the program I actually use. So when I imported it into Finale Notepad it did that with the accidentals.

Could someone help me clean this up?

I'd appreciate it a ton! :)

jegilmer

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 26, 2015, 03:30:18 PM-You could try to imitate the xylophone tremolos by using tremolos. I'm thinking about measures 30,31 and 36. You could either do tremolo by repeated notes on a single note (maybe more suited in measure 36) or as an interval tremolo (maybe better in measures 30 and 31).

As for this, I'll get to work on this and see what I can do!

Thanks for the feedback Tobbeh!

jegilmer

Okay, so I know have the trills and tremolo added to the piece, and I was able to get rid of the repeated accidentals! However, I was unable to edit the document set-up or clean up the text.

If someone could do that for me, I would appreciate it a lot! Other than that, is there anything else that could be fixed as far as the notes go?

jegilmer

Sebastian

Ok!
Here are the formatting fixes you asked for and some other minor changes.
[MUS] [PDF]
What I did:
- Changed a couple notes in the left hand on the top of page 2.
- Fixed a couple spots where the beaming was off.
- With the help of Latios' genius idea, I fixed up measures 18 & 19.
- The beaming was way off in measures 32 & 33. I also moved the notes down for playability reasons.
- Measure 36 was a problem.
- I fixed up a few other minor things and revamped the formatting.

Please tell me if you have any questions or concerns.

Great job with this sheet!

Tobbeh99

Nice done Seb!

one thing I'd like to add:
-Measures 32-33: Wouldn't it be better to have the LH 1 octave up? It sound quite high in the original.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

SlowPokemon

This piece is NOT in G. It's in C and features a heavy use of a raised 4th scale degree (F-sharp). Change the key signature to C major and mark the accidentals.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on February 18, 2016, 10:01:32 AMone thing I'd like to add:
-Measures 32-33: Wouldn't it be better to have the LH 1 octave up? It sound quite high in the original.
I was wrestling with that idea, as well. I ended up with what I have purely for the playability of these 2 measures. It is easiest to play this way.....it could be moved an octave up, but it would be much harder to play.

Quote from: DonValentino on February 18, 2016, 10:25:19 AMC Lydian
^

Latios212

Having at in the original would be problematic, but one octave up from what you currently have would be fine.

Also: Jegilmer, can we help edit files in the OP for you? (Just in general, not just this sub.)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle