News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Doopliss' Theme" by Jegilmer

Started by Zeta, December 03, 2015, 03:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jegilmer

Okay, so I updated this arrangement! I added the percussive sound to the left hand that Tobbeh was talking about.

However, there may be better notes to use than the ones I chose.

Let me know what everyone thinks!

Also...the formatting still needs to fixed I think.

Sebastian

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 26, 2015, 03:21:03 PMMaybe add some of the bass notes/drum noice (or whatever sound that is) in the LH, in the part before the repeat when the 16th runs kicks in, to make the LH not empty.
Excellent idea, Tobbeh.
Unfortunately, Jegilmer, the ones you added in measures 2, 4, 6, & 8 are incorrect. It's actually (from bottom to top) E-A-C, not E-B-E. I don't blame you for not hearing them. This is an extremely odd and hard song, especially for hearing the notes and rhythm.
Also, the last line was shortened incorrectly.
Here are those two changes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvqbdm4fs4ngq5j/Paper%20Mario--The%20Thousand-Year%20Door%20-%20Doopliss%20Theme%20%281%29.mus?dl=1
Tell me if you need a PDF.

jegilmer

Awesome, thanks MLF! Yeah it is a pretty weird piece, but it's still great. I'll update the links!

jegilmer

Okay, I've updated the links! And if you could get rid of the repeated accidental markings in the score and make a PDF, I would greatly appreciate it MLF! :D

jegilmer

This submission still needs some final approval! A few small notation changes (maybe beaming) and it should be done!

Bespinben

You're missing the 3rds of each of the those 2nd inversion block chords:

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

jegilmer

Quote from: Bespinben on February 08, 2016, 04:02:43 PMYou're missing the 3rds of each of the those 2nd inversion block chords:

Ahhh dang. I can never hear whether I'm missing some harmonies or not. Thanks though! I've updated the files.

Is there anything else that needs to be changed/added?

I know there are repeated accidentals that need to be deleted, but my version of Finale won't let me delete theme. If someone could do that for me, that would be awesome.

Sebastian

Looks good!
I fixed the accidental problem you talked about:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3paisc8h50yblho/Paper%20Mario--The%20Thousand-Year%20Door%20-%20Doopliss%20Theme.mus?dl=1

EDIT: Something else I noticed, you don't need a "senza pedale" marking unless you have a "con pedale" marking. Link updated.

jegilmer

Sweet, thanks!

I thought it had a pedal making for the first measure? It may not be necessary, but I thought having the pedal down weeps sound more like the original composition.

Sebastian

Quote from: jegilmer on February 18, 2016, 11:11:45 AMI thought it had a pedal making for the first measure? It may not be necessary, but I thought having the pedal down weeps sound more like the original composition.
I left the pedal marking in for the first measure. My point is that you don't need a "senza pedale" marking when you use these markings
Spoiler
[close]
You only need a "senza pedale" marking when a "con pedale" marking comes before it.

jegilmer

Oh okay, gotcha! Sorry I was reading that from my phone so I didn't actually look at the arrangement. Thanks for clearing things up!

-Edit:
I checked it out and it looks great! I think we'll be able to get this one onto the site this time!

Sebastian