Game: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Doopliss' Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Jegilmer

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

jegilmer

I only have Finale Notepad, so my MUS file is actually XML import from Sibelius. If someone could tidy it up that would be great. The arrangement itself is pretty accurate.

Here is the video:

jegilmer

What I know needs improvement however, is the note beaming/grouping.

jegilmer

I still need some feedback on this submission whenever someone gets the chance :)

FireArrow

I'd go over the formatting guidelines and fix those notes on top of the tempo marking before worrying about anything.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mastersuperfan

Quote from: jegilmer on December 03, 2015, 03:16:45 PMI only have Finale Notepad, so my MUS file is actually XML import from Sibelius. If someone could tidy it up that would be great. The arrangement itself is pretty accurate.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

FireArrow

He can still edit the text boxes in finale notepad and move around notes.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

jegilmer

Actually, for some reason my version of Notepad will only let me move the title and the composer. I'm not sure why. If I could make the score look better I would, but I cannot.

Sebastian

Here is draft 1.
I'd like to see what others think.....this is a hard song  :o
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dv2cli7pwde74sw/Doopliss%27%20Theme.mus?dl=1

I mostly fixed formatting and did some other note beaming and note additions.
Thoughts anyone?

jegilmer

Looks good to me! We'll see what some of the moderators think though.

Thanks for making the arrangement up to par with the guidelines MLF!

jegilmer

Tobbeh99

Maybe add some of the bass notes/drum noice (or whatever sound that is) in the LH, in the part before the repeat when the 16th runs kicks in, to make the LH not empty.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

jegilmer