News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The Fourth Annual NSM Superlatives

Started by K-NiGhT, December 01, 2015, 11:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Winter on March 30, 2016, 07:26:46 PMIt was clearly three American stereotypes listed in order.

ya braixen is one of the nicest people I've ever met and I guarantee you this was not a dig against Ruto
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

It sounds like people are trying to blame this on Kefka. And then only give a shit about what he said if it agrees with them. That's a whole new kind of ugly.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 30, 2016, 07:59:23 PMya braixen is one of the nicest people I've ever met and I guarantee you this was not a dig against Ruto

Nice white knighting.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Ruto on March 30, 2016, 08:00:36 PMIt sounds like people are trying to blame this on Kefka. And then only give a shit about what he said if it agrees with them. That's a whole new kind of ugly.
I don't think Kefka was ever mentioned, except for being the one who said the "in poor taste" comments were against the rules.
QuoteNice white knighting.
Look, I'm with you on this, but honestly, this is an overreaction. Slow's genuine.
what is shitpost

Ruto

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on March 30, 2016, 08:04:41 PMLook, I'm with you on this, but honestly, this is an overreaction. Slow's genuine.

All right. I'll take it back when I see an apology from braixen or when he actually tells me himself even though there was no way someone of reasonable intelligence could have thought it wasn't insulting. But even smart people make mistakes. I haven't seen him at all since the post to defend himself though.

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on March 30, 2016, 08:04:41 PMI don't think Kefka was ever mentioned, except for being the one who said the "in poor taste" comments were against the rules.

Might have said too much. I'm just saying that about the two who suddenly cited Kefka's rules...the reasons he said that are known to me. But that was supposed to stay someplace else.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Ruto on March 30, 2016, 08:09:06 PMthere was no way someone of reasonable intelligence could have thought it wasn't insulting.
I'll hazard a guess and say that you completely misunderstood the joke.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Quote from: Ruto on March 30, 2016, 08:09:06 PMAll right. I'll take it back when I see an apology from braixen or when he actually tells me himself even though there was no way someone of reasonable intelligence could have thought it wasn't insulting. But even smart people make mistakes. I haven't seen him at all since the post to defend himself though.
you're about the only person who thinks it could have been insulting
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Ruto, please admit that you're overreacting to what was clearly and obviously a joke. You're one of the oldest people on the forums and you're acting like a twelve year old. Has no one noticed that literally all the drama on the forums is instigated by adults?

You may think you're invincible because Kefka won't let you be banned, and you might be right, but that's no excuse to be like this. The fact remains that it makes no sense whatsoever for Braixen to post blatant insults to you when he has never done so to any member in the past, holds position as mod, and is posting in a place where everyone will see. These superlatives have a history of poking fun at people and having silly descriptions. What were listed were American stereotypes that have nothing to do with you--he's never even seen what you look like. This was not a personal attack.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

Olimar12345

The only reason I posted this was to waste your time.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

braix

Hey Ruto, I'm sorry if the description offended you-I didn't mean anything by it.
Like Slow said, the superlatives are known to poke fun at stereotypes, nothing personal. Same thing goes with all the other awards and any future ones that may feel offensive. These awards are all more of a joke than anything.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

oh man K-NiGhT is actually back
this time with a dank meme stash
I can't wait
unmotivated

Ruto

Right, right, so people should be telling me how to feel now? I really can't believe that all anyone could say was "lighten up" or "hahaha." I hope one day you guys can take some things seriously when people tell you things. I think I've made my thoughts clear almost immediately after the post.

I really don't think that it was appropriate for him to write that sort of thing at all. Would he have honestly have made that kind of jab at Jamaha? Gary Oak? His schoolteacher? Someone on the train? Crossed the line there -.-

QuoteYou may think you're invincible because Kefka won't let you be banned, and you might be right, but that's no excuse to be like this.

It's remarks like these that made it much worse. (I must be fine right now because of some guy!1)

Quotehe has never done so to any member in the past, holds position as mod, and is posting in a place where everyone will see

>_> I might have seen a little more...

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 30, 2016, 08:18:42 PMWhat were listed were American stereotypes that have nothing to do with you--he's never even seen what you look like. This was not a personal attack.

Saria is trying to tell me it was all a terrible choice of words. That's reasonable too. I'd also be repeating myself.

Quote from: braixen1264 on March 30, 2016, 08:36:59 PMHey Ruto, I'm sorry if the description offended you-I didn't mean anything by it.
Like Slow said, the superlatives are known to poke fun at stereotypes, nothing personal. Same thing goes with all the other awards and any future ones that may feel offensive. These awards are all more of a joke than anything.

Fine, I accept your apology but don't try the friendly stuff. Choice of words matters a lot when trying for humor.