News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Fourth Annual NSM Superlatives

Started by K-NiGhT, December 01, 2015, 11:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

From the Desk of the Forum Moderators:

Poor taste is not against the rules. Apparently.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dude

Then message me or something so I know you guys actually do things and don't always sit on your asses.

Wait that was 3 days ago. What was it over out of curiosity?

Altissimo

Quote from: Bespinben on March 30, 2016, 07:25:24 PMMaestro is doing his duty -- to show an example of one ENJOYING the Superlatives. It's a game; have some fun.

again ben i know you mean well but there's some bigger interpersonal problems here :/

Winter

mikey

Quote from: Altissimo on March 30, 2016, 07:35:05 PMagain ben i know you mean well but there's some bigger interpersonal problems here :/
he literally can't do wrong
except for that one incident a while back
unmotivated

Dude

Why is it when MLF is a dick to Ruto he gets nothing but when I was a dick 3 years ago I get warned?

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Well, if the mods shan't take action and the "Bringer of Magnificence" is out on his daily ego trip, seems the best we can do is explain why Sebastian's comment was in poor taste, ask for an apology, and regardless of that outcome, ultimately, move on.

Also, this
Quote from: Dude on March 30, 2016, 07:33:36 PMThen message me or something so I know you guys actually do things and don't always sit on your asses.

Even if something isn't technically against the rules, more communications from mods to regular NSMers would be immensely helpful in cutting down on the general level of hostility.

Also: From the Forum Etiquette Guide:

Quote- "I've typed up a post, can I just hit 'Post'?" Haha, no! Did you proofread it yet? Some things to check for:
 - Is what I said clear and easily understood by other people?
 - How's my spelling/grammar?
 - Can this in any way be construed as an attack on another member?
 - Is what I'm saying knowingly controversial or otherwise intending to spark a fight?
 - Do I intend to earnestly discuss what I'm going to post, or am I just looking for some amusement?
 - Would I get upset if this post was directed to me, or if it implied the opposite of what I'm saying?
 - We're not going to tell you what the answers should be, instead we're just going to highlight the "Don't be a Dick" rule; the Golden Rule of the Internet.

In addition..

Quote from: Forum Rules2) If you feel like you or any other member is being attacked or harassed use the REPORT BUTTON to bring it to the Moderators' attention. The Moderators have really thick skins so sometimes it's hard for us to judge what people feel is an attack. Report it and we'll act accordingly.
what is shitpost

Bespinben

Quote from: Altissimo on March 30, 2016, 07:35:05 PMagain ben i know you mean well but there's some bigger interpersonal problems here :/

It's just... it makes me sad seeing all this. I just don't understand why this is worth pursuing. It could have been fun, but instead we made it into a finger-pointing contest. I just want us to have fun.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

K-NiGhT

listen i saw the opportunity to meme and i took it i'm out see yall in another 4 months
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

mikey

that was amazing

also it seems that a few select members really don't like the superlatives, perhaps after these are done we should put them on hiatus for about a year?
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!