[DELETED] [3DS] Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon - "Partner's Theme: Music Box" by Zeila

Started by Zeta, November 29, 2015, 12:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

My thoughts (keep in mind I don't know what I'm talking about):
Sounds like this is a duet with bells+a vibraphone?  So I feel like some of the chords in the left hand are being held for a bit too long.  In addition, though I don't have much experience on the vibraphone compared to other mallet percussion I'm willing to bet those chords in the left hand are more likely to be 4 notes, not 3, given the nature of mallet percussion.
unmotivated

Zeila

I ended up shortening the dotted half notes in the last 4 measures to half notes, but I think the rest is fine the way it is. I also changed a few things and added some notes that were missing. From m27-30, some of the notes are raised an octave for convenience while I added an octave in m30 and the arpeggiated lines (what are they called?) for consistency. I can't hear any other harmonies for places like m1 though

InsigTurtle

I'm slightly not sober right now but I try my best

m.3 i'm hearing the second chord as Gsus4
m.14 I'd write the Eb and G in the bass as half notes in layer 2, leave the D and Db in layer 1 as quarters
m/20 why u write C double flat? just use Bb since it makes more sense in this context
m. 30 chord is Cm7 not Eb/Bb

Zeila

Quote from: InsigTurtle on December 20, 2015, 01:50:45 AMm.3 i'm hearing the second chord as Gsus4
m. 30 chord is Cm7 not Eb/Bb
Both of those changes sound off to me, but I changed it anyways in case I'm wrong

Quote from: InsigTurtle on December 20, 2015, 01:50:45 AMm.14 I'd write the Eb and G in the bass as half notes in layer 2, leave the D and Db in layer 1 as quarters
I was confused by what you meant, so hopefully it's correct

Quote from: InsigTurtle on December 20, 2015, 01:50:45 AMm/20 why u write C double flat? just use Bb since it makes more sense in this context
I thought that it would be okay, but I changed it