[GCN] Super Mario Sunshine - "Pinna Park" (Replacement) by The Treble Bros.

Started by Zeta, November 22, 2015, 05:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Sunshine
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Pinna Park
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: The Treble Bros.

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

What do you think? The on-site arrangement carries the idea of Pinna Park, but it isn't Pinna Park itself. NSM needs better.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

FireArrow

For the jumpy L.H. areas with staccatos on the off-beat, slur the on beat to the off beat.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

E. Gadd Industries

What do you mean? The places where the notes aren't all quarter notes? And do I just slur the two notes (off to on)?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Nice arrangement! I only really have formatting things to say:

I don't know what version you're using, so let me know if you need me to do these things for you.
-The subtitle is not center aligned. Highlight the drag box and press Ctrl Shift '
-The Composer names aren't Right aligned. Highlight the drag box and press Ctrl Shift ]
-The copyright info and site url aren't center aligned. Highlight their drag boxes and press Ctrl Shift '
-It would look better if you put the composer names on two lines rather than one long one. Move "& Koji Kondo" to the second line.
-Many times you have four eighth notes with the two inner ones tied together (RH). Replace this figure with a quartet note, as it is easier to read. I see this occur in measures 11, 13, 16, 19, 21, 35, 37, 41, 43 & 44.
-The repeat sign at the beginning is unnecessary and can be removed.
-In measure 39 (RH)you have a half rest occurring on the up-beat of one. Replace that with an eighth rest, quarter rest, and eighth rest, in that order.
-In measure 48 (RH) change the second chord's note values around. Make it a quarter note tied to an eighth note (same notes tho).
-Articulations must be anchored to the first note if the note is tied to others. Move the staccato to the first of the two tied notes in measures 12, 16, and 20 (RH).

Overall, I think you can make this arrangement a lot easier to play if you remove most of the four note chords in the RH. Most of the time you can do this by removing the lowest doubled note without sacrificing anything harmonically (in some cases, revealing a doubled or tripled note can strengthen other voices.)

1) In circle 1 I would suggest removing the lower doubled octave in the RH. Since it's clearly already being played on the top of those voices, all this lower version seems to do is make it unnecessarily harder.

2) You could remove the E in this chord if you wanted. The fifth isn't adding any real color in this chord and it would make it a little easier.

3) In this next instance, you could remove the lower G from the RH, since the LH doubles it in the next measure.

4) Lastly, the lower A's in the RH here can be removed. They're being doubled up AND down an octave.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

Ok, everything has been changed according to Olimar's and FireArrow's advice! (Thanks, by the way) Also, thanks to Latios for assisting me in this endeavor!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Zeta