News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[PC] Undertale - "Bring It In, Guys!" by Zeila

Started by Zeta, November 20, 2015, 11:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Undertale
Console: PC
Title: Bring It In, Guys!
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Zeila

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zeila

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_P5smsopK0

I edited a few things since I first posted it in the Undertale Unofficial OST Project Topic

Zeila

2nd page bump

After taking Heartache into consideration, I changed the time signatures/tempo markings and managed to fit the song into 7 pages instead of 9. I also changed a few notes

Sebastian

I gotta eat lunch and only took a peek at your arrangement. I'll bring more feedback later on, but I noticed that the game title should be "Undertale" not "UNDERTALE"

braix

I'm hearing a C for the first note in m.89 and 91. That said, I'm not using headphones at the moment so you might want to check for yourself
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Zeila

Your ears are right! I got a lot of help from MLF and was waiting for him to give his final approval, but I went ahead and updated it right now

Sebastian

Sorry.
Even though I've been doing NSM stuff for 4 hours now, I still haven't to gotten to it.
I will take one last look soon!

Zeila

Alright, it's been updated once more (hopefully for the last time)!

mastersuperfan

Alright, some feedback:

- Putting the hidden dynamics right on top of the staves makes it look messy. Try placing it somewhere where it won't visually conflict when viewing the mus or musx file. (Not a big deal, though, since most people won't download the mus.) Also, you seem to have an extra hidden mezzo-forte in m3 and a forte in m23 (I'm assuming you copy-pasted), so delete those.

- In m12 and m16, beat 4 (the Ab and Eb) seems to be incorrect. There's a C playing there.

- In m42 and m44, those aren't triplets, but sixteenth-sixteenth-eighth.

- In m85 and m86, the left hand seems to be played in the same octave, but you have the m85 one notated an octave lower. Also, in m86 and m87, the left hand C is repeated, not tied.

- A cautionary accidental on the E in m112 would be nice, although not necessary.

- There needs to be a double bar line between m119 and m120.

- I don't think senza pedale isn't necessary, since... well, that's the end of the piece.

I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the musical transcription itself, but I would advise checking it over, since there are some things I found to be odd (though not necessarily incorrect). I think there might be some voices you're missing and others you're adding in that aren't there. That might just be me, though.

Let's hope we can get this one accepted now
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Bespinben

Nice timing mastersuperfan

Dang, this is MAJORLY improved since the first version. Kudos. Kudos.

I spotted some misspellings of accidentals:

*M. 1-40 should be in the key of Eb minor (6 flats). Clues for this are by identifying the tonic, as well as observing the function of other accidentals. For example, the D natural in m. 29 makes much more sense as a raised 7th leading tone in the key of Eb minor as opposed to a raised 3rd in Bb minor borrowed from its parallel major.
*Because of the above, change all B naturals to Cb's (including the chromatic grace notes) in this section. Don't forget m. 35 (which is strange, considering you had both Cb and B in the same measure)
*M. 7 - Change the C# to Db. It's already given in the key signature, so it's a freebie there. If there's any confusion, just reference my arrangement of "Enemy Approaching"
*Change all Bbb to A natural (i.e. m. 32-34). Additionally, re-check your transcription of m. 31-34. I'd be very surprised if there truly was an Ab in the bass and an A natural in the melody.

*M. 74 - This section is in C minor, so the Cb here should be spelled B natural. Again, raised 7th. As a rule of thumb, when in doubt, go with the more intuitive spelling. You'll probably be right.
*M. 146 - Change the B natural to Cb. It's a Cbmaj7 chord. Again, intuitive -- why would you have a B natural and Bb in the same chord?
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeila

Quote from: Bespinben on December 08, 2015, 05:46:23 PMDang, this is MAJORLY improved since the first version. Kudos. Kudos.
I know, I'm just glad that the majority of the errors are fixed
I have a bad habit of rushing through things and accepting it if it seems good enough

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 08, 2015, 05:42:30 PMAlso, in m86 and m87, the left hand C is repeated, not tied.
Once you pointed that out, I noticed it repeated twice. However, I decided to omit that considering there is a fermata and I didn't deem it necessary

Quote from: Bespinben on December 08, 2015, 05:46:23 PMAdditionally, re-check your transcription of m. 31-34. I'd be very surprised if there truly was an Ab in the bass and an A natural in the melody.
I re-checked it and found an error in m32, but I still hear an Ab in the bass

Everything else was fixed (including the left hand in m93 and similar measures where the first note in the left hand is actually a C). Thanks for the tips! I'll try to keep them in mind for future arrangements

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 08, 2015, 05:42:30 PMLet's hope we can get this one accepted now

Bespinben

Quote from: Bespinben on December 08, 2015, 05:46:23 PM*M. 146 - Change the B natural to Cb.
Ya missed this one.
(At the top that is -- you fixed the bottom one)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot