Series: Other
Game: Undertale
Console: PC
Title: Determination
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: ProfCocoa

Sebastian

Wow! this is well done!
I very much like how you incorporated all those voices so ingeniously. Great work!
Some feedback:
- It looks to me like your importing an XML and when that happens the formatting looks pretty wacky :P  For the future, I'd recommend either downloading Finale Notepad 2012 (which is free) and copying your sheet into a formatting-friendly template, or asking someone to fix it for you. This will save time and be less of a hassle.
- On the last beat of measure 20 & 28, you're missing the harmony notes for the eighth notes.
- In measure 21 & 29, the harmony is just a little bit off. You have it has fifths. It's actually 3rds.
- In measrues 17 & 19 (and others like it), the harmony is in 3rds, just like the previous point. You have 4ths.
- Optional: In measures 3 & 7 (for example), I'd recommend putting some
staccato/tenutos.
[close]
I feel they would enhance the sheet greatly.
Other than this above stuff, you did a wonderful job! I can't wait to see some of your future work.
Here is a pdf, mus, and midi with the above changes excluding the staccato/tenuto markings which are optional. If you would like those in you can ask me to add those for ya.
Also, you might wanna review this sheet in concordance with the above feedback because next time, I won't do all the work for you ;)
[MUSX] |[MUS] |[PDF] |[MIDI] |
If there is anything you disagree with or if you have any questions, just ask me!

Again, great job!

ProfCocoa

Ah thank you for saying it's well done! Haha, I actually arranged this piece for a Saxophone quartet and thought I'd contribute to this site I love so much by just transposing it all into a piano arrangement. Thank you for the feedback, I will definitely reevaluate the harmonies, I thought they were slightly wonky myself, but my ear skills just couldn't pop out those harmonies the way I wanted, thank you! I'll just fix up the score, and get that program you mentioned so the .mus file isn't crap, I use Sibelius and don't have finale so it was a struggle to try and get it to work. Thank you!

Sebastian

No problem! It is a pain to transfer from another program to finale. If you need me to do anything, I will gladly help!

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 21, 2015, 11:29:30 AM[MUSX] |[MUS] |[PDF] |[MIDI] |
Feel free to use these in the original post if you so desire!

ProfCocoa

I think I'll just practice making sure my sheets are good by adding everything you recommended and using my own prints, thanks! Also, great idea for the staccato tenutos, I think that'll be an excellent touch to those notes, they really do sound like that.

Sebastian

Quote from: ProfCocoa on November 23, 2015, 02:50:06 PMI think I'll just practice making sure my sheets are good by adding everything you recommended and using my own prints, thanks!
I love it^

ProfCocoa

Alright, I submitted an edited score. If the .mus file is bad again, can I ask you to create a decently formatted .mus and .musx file for this score? Finale just seems to disagree with my macbook at times haha.

FireArrow

Quote from: ProfCocoa on November 23, 2015, 02:50:06 PMI think I'll just practice making sure my sheets are good by adding everything you recommended and using my own prints, thanks! Also, great idea for the staccato tenutos, I think that'll be an excellent touch to those notes, they really do sound like that.

Make sure you fix the formatting, it's still pretty off.

Remove Pno.
Add measure numbers
Fix the fonts and sizes

I'm not sure how much of this you can do in notepad, so don't be ashamed of using MLFs files if you it's not within your software capabilities. :3
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

ProfCocoa

Alright, I believe all of the formatting issues are corrected. The texts were being quite funky, but I got them to work.

Latios212

Urk, I may be a little late, but this sheet has already been arranged by Maelstrom...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

mastersuperfan

In this world...

...it's submit or be outsubmitted.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Bespinben

After extensively comparing the status and progress of this sheet in comparison to Maelstrom's previously submitted one, I hereby render my verdict:
Maelstrom is the victor.

While ProfCoca's version *could* become standard quality, it still has many steps left until that happens, while on the other hand, Maelstrom's version is already good to go. This is my reasoning.

Please understand.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday