News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[MUL] Mega Man series - Multiple songs

Started by WaluigiTime64, November 20, 2015, 04:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeila

I was thinking about doing the Mega Man 2 intro. I don't know when it will be done, but most likely 3 weeks at the most. If anyone else wants to do it during that time period, feel free

Zeila

I finished the intro! past the time I originally thought <_<

Let me know if there are any mistakes worth mentioning. I purposely omitted the middle voice from m11-16 because it clashed with everything else

MIDI | MUS | MUSX | PDF

Tobbeh99

Nice sheet Zeila. Some feedback:

1) I think it's better to have 4 systems on page one and 5 on page 2. That way 1 song each page.
2) measures 11-17: Maybe consider having an accel. instead of different tempos.
3) measures 22 & 38: Does those high notes exist in the original? Having a hard time hearing those. If they're aren't in the original I suggest removing them for playability sake.
4) measures 27-34: See if you can incorporate the drum in some way, to make the LH less empty.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

DonValentino

I'd also strongly suggest you move the second voice an octave lower like this: (of course, with markings for when the LH must play and stuff)

The way you have it makes the melody practically unidentifiable, and maybe this way you can manage to include the second voice in m. 11-16 too. The intro is fine as it is though.

Zeila

Thanks!! Changes I made:
  • I moved the second voice down an octave, and even added the one in m11-16 for now (although m11/12 sound a little odd)
  • Added some pedal markings in a few spots
  • Changed the systems around so its one section per page
  • Moved the high notes to the left hand (it wasn't actually that high in the original, I just moved it up an octave but this might actually be more accurate anyways)
  • Added percussion starting at m27
  • Added an accelerando instead of 3 different tempo changes
MIDI | MUS | MUSX | PDF

WaluigiTime64

I have 2 things to point out.

First off, Dudeman released "Crystal Man", so that's removed from the request.

Secondly, about the MM2 "Title Screen", the problem with the added percussion is that, it seems out of nowhere, as it doesn't blend in well with the piano, especially when it has to randomly stop, and start up again. Other than that, it's a very solid arrangement!
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Zeila

Thanks! I see your point, but I'll just leave it up to the performer to decide whether or not s/he will actually do it instead of taking it out

WaluigiTime64

That's understandable. I'll remove it from the request.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

Well... I ended up arranging some of these myself, so here's an update for this request. (Can be found on my arrangement thread)

Completed:
Nitro Rider
Solar Inferno

WaluigiTime64

BUMP

Two things:
1. I arranged "Magma Burning"
2. Why does this have 1000 views? I was literally the 1001st viewer. R.I.P. My Arrangement Thread (729 views as I post this).

DonValentino

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 23, 2016, 03:32:41 AM2. Why does this have 1000 views? I was literally the 1001st viewer. R.I.P. My Arrangement Thread (729 views as I post this).

Wow, it's really interesting this sole topic gathered so many views... People are interested in Mega Man it seems...

WaluigiTime64

But not enough for people to arrange the songs it seems...

._.