Series: Other
Game: New Rally-X
Console: ARCADE
Title: Music from New Rally-X
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Jegilmer

[attachment deleted by admin]

jegilmer

I only have Finale Notepad and export XML from Sibelius, I know the formatting guidelines, I am sorry my mus looks like crap. My PDF is how I wanted the sheet formatted if anyone wants to help me out.

Here is the video:

Sebastian

Sebastian

Excellent work!
Other than the formatting, you did a great job with this piece!
Some thoughts:
- Measures 2-4 are a little messy. I'm not sure if there is some way you can use cross-staff in Musescore.
- Also, through that same passage, the timing is a little different than what you have. It's 16th tied to 16th, not 16th tied to eighth.

Other than this stuff and the formatting, very good!
Since you can't edit the formatting in Notepad here are the files that you can use for the OP:
[MUSX] |[MUS] |[PDF] |[MIDI] |

Tell me if there is anything you disagree with. Good Job!

jegilmer

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 18, 2015, 01:41:10 PMSome thoughts:
- Measures 2-4 are a little messy. I'm not sure if there is some way you can use cross-staff in Musescore.
- Also, through that same passage, the timing is a little different than what you have. It's 16th tied to 16th, not 16th tied to eighth.

Yeah there is a way to do cross staff notes in Sibelius, I should have done that  :p
This was actually one of my first arrangements from 2 years ago! Haha
But oh yeah you're totally right about the rhythm in the second section!

jegilmer

Also I'm not too sure, but the F double sharp might be easier to read if it was just a G natural. I understand why you put it since it sounds like a leading tone, but I think this piece is using the blues scale right there though, so G natural would be fine since it is acting as a flat 7.

Not a big deal, but whenever we get some other input we'll see! Thanks for all of the help MLF!  :D

Sebastian

Quote from: jegilmer on November 19, 2015, 07:53:14 AMAlso I'm not too sure, but the F double sharp might be easier to read if it was just a G natural. I understand why you put it since it sounds like a leading tone, but I think this piece is using the blues scale right there though, so G natural would be fine since it is acting as a flat 7.
You may be right. This is in A Major so I think you're right.

FireArrow

Measure 3-5 should be in G major.
Why is the D natural in measure 11 in parenthesis?
A lot of the articulation is unnecessary, particularly the staccatos in the bass. I guess you can leave it if you want to.
I dunno about the D double sharp, that particular sequence (subtonic -> leading tone -> tonic) in a major key has always stumped me.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Sebastian

FireArrow

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 19, 2015, 08:21:04 PMYou sure? I was thinking G mixolydian.

There are no F's present so you can't just assume they'll be natural. Anyways, the final two notes are (D-A) -> (G), which would imply the usually D major -> G major authentic cadence.

Sebastian

Quote from: FireArrow on November 19, 2015, 05:49:08 PMMeasure 3-5 should be in G major.
We should change that. I was debating whether to put that section in G or leaving it as is. Now that you say this:
Quote from: FireArrow on November 19, 2015, 08:29:59 PMThere are no F's present so you can't just assume they'll be natural. Anyways, the final two notes are (D-A) -> (G), which would imply the usually D major -> G major authentic cadence.
I'm sure it's in G major now.

Quote from: FireArrow on November 19, 2015, 05:49:08 PMWhy is the D natural in measure 11 in parenthesis?
I think that was an accident. I must of hit "P" accidentally.

Quote from: FireArrow on November 19, 2015, 05:49:08 PMA lot of the articulation is unnecessary, particularly the staccatos in the bass. I guess you can leave it if you want to.
I'm gonna have to disagree here. The left hand sounds more detached and separated the left hand. Btw, those were in before I edited the sheet.

Quote from: FireArrow on November 19, 2015, 05:49:08 PMI dunno about the D double sharp, that particular sequence (subtonic -> leading tone -> tonic) in a major key has always stumped me.
Aye, this sequence stumps me as well. I did this more on a gut feeling *gasp!*. I didn't really like that G natural :P

FireArrow

Another thing, could you move the start of the In Game music down a system? It would be nice to keep a 4 measure hyper meter.

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 20, 2015, 09:58:29 AMI'm gonna have to disagree here. The left hand sounds more detached and separated the left hand. Btw, those were in before I edited the sheet.

Re-listening to the piece I'm gonna stand corrected. Only remove the staccatos in the L.H. from measure 16 to 23 - there's a noticeable difference in note lengths for the two sections and using staccatos is probably the most appropriate way to notate that (no matter how much I hate mass staccato-ing notes.)

jegilmer

Quote from: FireArrow on November 19, 2015, 08:29:59 PMThere are no F's present so you can't just assume they'll be natural. Anyways, the final two notes are (D-A) -> (G), which would imply the usually D major -> G major authentic cadence.

Yeah I agree with you on this! I'm not sure if it's necessarily G major, but the key should be G major because G is definitely the tonic note (starts and ends in G as you already stated). With the B natural going to Bb a lot, it makes me think this is using the blues scale based on G. Either way, it does need to be changed to a G major key to show that it is in some sort of scale based on G.

Good call! :D

jegilmer

Quote from: FireArrow on November 19, 2015, 05:49:08 PMWhy is the D natural in measure 11 in parenthesis?

Yeah as you guys have already figured out, that D natural in m. 11 shouldn't be in parenthesis. The C sharp in parenthesis in measure 16 should be okay though since for the majority of the In Game Music has had a C natural.

Thanks for helping with this sheet! :)