News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

[PC] Undertale - "NGAHHH!!" by Yugikun

Started by Zeta, November 10, 2015, 09:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

Sebastian

Ok. Since you have Notepad, here is a minor revision with the fixes you asked for and a few other things:
[MUSX] |[MUS] |[PDF] |[MIDI] |

What I did:
- I changed it to G# Minor.
- In measures 1-12 & 22-29, I added a few staccatos and slurs. For future reference, I would recommend toying around with these and learn how to use them. See how they sound to you and ask me if you have ANY questions about articulation or anything else.
- As you notice, I used my pet template. You can use this sheet for your future arrangements by either: 1. Deleting all except one measure and working from there, or: 2. Copying your future arrangement(s) into this sheet. You can also ask me to mess with anything you may have since you only have notepad.
- Throughout the piece, the left hand was pretty spot on and well-arranged! Measures 5-12 deviated from the original quite a bit, but I left it how it is since it is adequate for this piece and  is cool :P
- In measures 15 & 19, there are little 32nd notes you left out. I added them for you. Same with measures 23 & 27.
- And finally, the harmony part throughout measures 22-29 was a little off. For the future, you can try to slow down the song so you can hear the notes better. There are a few sites that have this ability. I recommend using Windows Media Player if you have that. You can slow down songs with that by right clicking the play button and clicking half speed.

Feel free to put the links above into the OP! And please ask me if you have any questions or disagreements with the above changes. :)

Great Job!

mastersuperfan

Some comments from me (on mariolegofan's version):

- The 32nd notes in m23 and m27 are played by both voices in the right hand from what I can hear, so the lower voice has to be added.

- I don't see the point of the simile markings in the left hand. The measures seem to be notated the same throughout those sections.

- The repeat sign in m1 is unnecessary.

- I don't think the left hand should be playing duplets at the same time as the right hand playing dotted eighths. Not positive about this one, but I think it would look better by changing the left hand to dotted eighths so that it's notated consistently with the right hand.

- Articulations should be added in m14-21. It should be similar to those in m22-29.

- It should have an expression marking. I know you're having a hard time thinking of time, but since this version of Undyne's theme is specifically about the cooking lesson, you should make a reference to that. Something like, "HOTTER!"
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Sebastian

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 18, 2015, 02:19:03 PM- The 32nd notes in m23 and m27 are played by both voices in the right hand from what I can hear, so the lower voice has to be added.
I originally thought this as well, but after further investigation (slowing down the original), that is not the case.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 18, 2015, 02:19:03 PM- I don't see the point of the simile markings in the left hand. The measures seem to be notated the same throughout those sections.
Using simile markings is not against the law :P
You can find them in many Deku sheets and in some of mine as well.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 18, 2015, 02:19:03 PM- The repeat sign in m1 is unnecessary.
This is debatable. Some do, some don't.
But for this piece, there should be a D.C. al Fine.....which I forgot to put in. I'll fix that and update the links.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 18, 2015, 02:19:03 PM- I don't think the left hand should be playing duplets at the same time as the right hand playing dotted eighths. Not positive about this one, but I think it would look better by changing the left hand to dotted eighths so that it's notated consistently with the right hand.
There are songs with both of these notations in.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 18, 2015, 02:19:03 PM- Articulations should be added in m14-21. It should be similar to those in m22-29.
I don't think so. It sounds (to me) legato most of the way through that section. A couple staccatos could be added, but I like it how it is now.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 18, 2015, 02:19:03 PM- It should have an expression marking. I know you're having a hard time thinking of time, but since this version of Undyne's theme is specifically about the cooking lesson, you should make a reference to that. Something like, "HOTTER!"
This would be up to Yugi which is why I left the BPM marking text absent.

EDIT:
Quote from: mariolegofan on November 18, 2015, 02:36:01 PMBut for this piece, there should be a D.C. al Fine.....which I forgot to put in. I'll fix that and update the links.
Updated the links in my post.

Bespinben

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 18, 2015, 02:36:01 PMThere are songs with both of these notations in.
You misunderstand my usage. Yes, both of these are present, but not similtaneously. My duplets are for the purpose of clarifying the presence of a 3 vs 2 polyrhythm. NGAAHHH!!! should be written with dotted eighths all the way through.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on November 18, 2015, 02:41:36 PMYou misunderstand my usage. Yes, both of these are present, but not similtaneously. My duplets are for the purpose of clarifying the presence of a 3 vs 2 polyrhythm. NGAAHHH!!! should be written with dotted eighths all the way through.
I see. Thank you for the clarification.
Updated:
[MUSX] |[MUS] |[PDF] |[MIDI] |

Bespinben

You missed a spot (m. 14).
Also, why is there a D.C. al Coda if there is no coda?
----------
(Looks overall pretty good the sheet, nice job)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Yugi

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 18, 2015, 02:19:03 PM- It should have an expression marking. I know you're having a hard time thinking of time, but since this version of Undyne's theme is specifically about the cooking lesson, you should make a reference to that. Something like, "HOTTER!"
Actually, it first plays during Undyne's pre neutral/pacifist speech.

Will edit later when I'm not absolutely beat

Sebastian

Yugi

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot