News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[PC] Undertale - "Bonetrousle" by JesterMusician

Started by Zeta, November 04, 2015, 08:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Undertale
Console: PC
Title: Bonetrousle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JesterMusician

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

JesterMusician

I'll admit, I haven't actually played this game yet, but I was just so captivated by its music that I just had to make an arrangement. I think this one is actually pretty playable!

Perhaps I should put a performance note of something along the lines of "A4 = 429 Hz"...

Bonus MuseScore link

Sebastian

- Don't forget to use the Formatting Guidelines.
- In the Bass of Measures 1-20 I'm hearing an additional note. You have C, G, C, A, C, G, C, F#. I hear C, Eb/G, C, F/A, C, Eb/G, C, D/F#, etc.
- And don't forget the 2nd page title ;)

Great Job!

FireArrow

My ear is pretty trash but I've always herd the LH as single notes
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

Incorrect fonts used, no indention in the first system, no instrument name, page numbers, or page titles. No quotation marks in the title, and it should be "Composed by/Composition by," not "Music by." Common formatting errors.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 04, 2015, 12:10:28 PMIncorrect fonts used
This is an Undertale internal reference. The characters' names are based on the font they speak in -- Sans the Skeleton speaks in Comic Sans, and Papyrus (his brother) speaks in Papyrus font. I'm sure the fonts used here in the sheet is just to poke fun at that.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 04, 2015, 12:10:28 PMno indention in the first system, no instrument name
You should write this into the formatting guidelines.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on November 04, 2015, 01:21:14 PMThis is an Undertale internal reference. The characters' names are based on the font they speak in -- Sans the Skeleton speaks in Comic Sans, and Papyrus (his brother) speaks in Papyrus font. I'm sure the fonts used here in the sheet is just to poke fun at that.
Doesn't matter ;)

Bespinben

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 04, 2015, 01:27:06 PMDoesn't matter ;)
5 points to Gryffindor!
for being an excellent yes-man

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 04, 2015, 09:32:27 AM- In the Bass of Measures 1-20 I'm hearing an additional note. You have C, G, C, A, C, G, C, F#. I hear C, Eb/G, C, F/A, C, Eb/G, C, D/F#, etc.
While there are indeed dyads on the off-beats, I think Jester intentionally omitted them, given the fact he seems to have prioritized ease of execution:
Quote from: JesterMusician on November 04, 2015, 09:15:33 AMI think this one is actually pretty playable!

JesterMusician

Cunningham's Law: "The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer." I appreciate the immediate feedback in contrast to my other submissions!

This is a lapse in my usual submissions process - I've submitted music to the site before; I simply forgot to apply the NinSheetMusic style to my sheet (and it looks like I have to update it anyway, since it seems that your formatting guidelines have gotten stricter). I'll have a polished one up soon.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Bespinben on November 04, 2015, 01:21:14 PMYou should write this into the formatting guidelines.
Is it really necessary? I mean just look at the picture of the example...

Quote from: JesterMusician on November 04, 2015, 02:06:41 PMThis is a lapse in my usual submissions process - I've submitted music to the site before; I simply forgot to apply the NinSheetMusic style to my sheet (and it looks like I have to update it anyway, since it seems that your formatting guidelines have gotten stricter). I'll have a polished one up soon.
I apologize, they should have been that strict to begin with. (since then, however, your on-site arrangements (with the exception of Multi-Man Melee 2) have been brought up to the NSM standards.)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Altissimo

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 04, 2015, 03:19:10 PMIs it really necessary? I mean just look at the picture of the example...

Yes. Having it in the picture and not in the description is sure to confuse people who think that it's giving across mixed messages, or just don't think it's important simply because it's not mentioned in the guide. It is easier to notice something that is than something that isn't.

Olimar12345

I'll add it. I really don't know how you guys even come up with these issues, though. I've never had issues with finale defaults NOT being present xD

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 04, 2015, 03:41:12 PMI really don't know how you guys even come up with these issues, though. I've never had issues with finale defaults NOT being present xD
^^

Quote from: Bespinben on November 04, 2015, 01:39:29 PMWhile there are indeed dyads on the off-beats, I think Jester intentionally omitted them, given the fact he seems to have prioritized ease of execution:
I hate to press the issue, but why are those allowed to not be included and on my arrangement I have to add more voices?

Quote from: Bespinben on November 02, 2015, 02:19:55 PMWhile I appreciate the simplistic focus of your arrangement, I believe it would benefit if you added in the timpani line as well, considering its I-V-I motion makes up a significant part of the texture.

Bespinben

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 04, 2015, 04:35:46 PMI hate to press the issue, but why are those allowed to not be included and on my arrangement I have to add more voices?
My statements are not mandates, but pedagogical maneuvers. Think of it like the concept of scaffolding in educational psychology. With Jester, I can trust him as an arranger that he has tested different ideas for his arrangement, and has arrived at what he believes to be the ideal form of the song in piano form (musically that is -- we're still working on formatting habits). With you however, I can't entrust the same level autonomy, because you often report you didn't even hear a certain part until I or someone else points it out, which means you hadn't tested all the possible options of arranging your song. When I come in and say you should add something to your arrangement, the true intent is to jog your arranging gears in the hopes you will consider all the options you have at your disposal, and perhaps even alter your arrangement in ways beyond the letter of my suggestion.

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on November 04, 2015, 07:25:07 PMWith Jester, I can trust him as an arranger that he has tested different ideas for his arrangement, and has arrived at what he believes to be the ideal form of the song in piano form (musically that is -- we're still working on formatting habits). With you however, I can't entrust the same level autonomy, because you often report you didn't even hear a certain part until I or someone else points it out
Welp