Game: Pokémon Ranger
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Krokka Tunnel
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Oronoco

[attachment deleted by admin]

Oronoco

[youtube] https://youtu.be/JuKygz0vLYg?list=PL9mCMKp0o7xuXbALkhVZQpxZ_c3eCy0wW

All right! Here's another arRANGERment! Ohoho.

I left out the echo notes (and some harmonies) on this one. I hope to keep the beginning clean so that it can be played without the pedal. Then, when the pedal comes in, it creates a cool effect like the synth in the original.

Here's a MUSX version. I tried what I could, but the Panel still isn't accepting it. Sorry!
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Latios212

Hey, I remember this song! ...dang, 2006 was a long time ago. T-T

Anyways, nice work! I really like this wonderful job you did here :P

MUSX now up.

edit: Maybe move the top LH note in 19-22 up to the RH as well?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Oronoco

All right! Your idea works really well, so I got rid of the rolls in 19-22. They look more like 18 now.

Here's the updated MUSX. But... you don't have to put it up for me every time, Latios. I hate to ask you to edit it in every time I make a change, as long as the final product has the correct file. I really appreciate it!
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Bespinben

Try and see if you can fit this all on one page Ranger.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Oronoco

Mission complete!

Err... I wish I could say that. But I'm having trouble getting it all on one page (it's already at 87%). I would rather have the two systems on the second page than use one page with repeats, endings, and "2nd time only" pedal and chords. I think it's cleaner that way.

Of course, I'll compromise if you would really like one page! Do you have any suggestions?

DonValentino

When using the Resize Tool, the trick to obtain better results is, however, selecting the staff instead of the whole page. Try it, it looks a lot better, not just like a simple zoom out (try setting page to 100% and staff to 85% for example, not only you save a lot of space, but when printing, the notes aren't excessively large).

Anyways, in this case all systems in page 1 look too cluttered, so it's fine as it is. Some things I'd like to point out though:

- Have you considered merging the second layer of the LH until m. 16 in the first one? Like this looks a little bit weird, and showing all the rests would be a little overdo. You can add a tenuto to indicate the performer that those notes are also part of the bass so they're more emphasized.

- Also, there is a missing voice, the G sharps go with an E you missed (lower third), same with aaaalll notes in the same position, they're missing a lower third (except for m. 16 where the B goes with an F). M. 4 and 11: the bass in the second half of the last beat is inaccurate. It's not an A but a C, unison like you have on m. 1 with the B. The LH is a little hard tbh, specially with the legato markings. You should include pedal from the beginning to make it easier, the song does have an echo feel all the way after all.

- In m. 18, keep it simple: either you add a bracket or you cross-staff, but not both. I'd recommend moving that F back to the LH and keep its bracket, while removing the lower one. Same with 21. *See post below for second part

- Ms. 19, 20: more of the same, I know your intention is to indicate the notes to be played by the RH by cross-staffing, but it can easily be  notated in the LH with a bracket. Much like you did in 22, I'd recommend moving back to the LH that D of m. 19 and that E of m. 20. At first glance, bracket and cross-staffing together look inconsistent, it's like having a slur with a "legato" marking, y'know what I mean. *See post below for second part

- Center the dynamics. In piano, the melody is always gonna be more emphasized than the accompaniment, no need to write a "mp" and a "p" in the lower staff, the player already knows (or at least, should). Also center the crescendos of course lol.

- Teeny-tiny thingy: add spaces before and after the "=" in the tempo marking.

- Center horizontally the title, it's slightly moved to the right. Also align to the right the composer and arranger names, they're a little off too.

That's all I see with this one. Fix these things and it's good to go. Good work!

Oronoco

Thank you for the resizing advice! I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed critique, too!

Quote from: DonValentino on November 04, 2015, 02:12:14 PM- Also, there is a missing voice, the G sharps go with an E you missed (lower third), same with aaaalll notes in the same position, they're missing a lower third (except for m. 16 where the B goes with an F). M. 4 and 11: the bass in the second half of the last beat is inaccurate. It's not an A but a C, unison like you have on m. 1 with the B. The LH is a little hard tbh, specially with the legato markings. You should include pedal from the beginning to make it easier, the song does have an echo feel all the way after all.

I left out the thirds to make it a bit easier to play. I think I was blinded by my idea that I'd save the pedal until halfway through. Your idea makes more sense!

Quote from: DonValentino on November 04, 2015, 02:12:14 PM- Teeny-tiny thingy: add spaces before and after the "=" in the tempo marking.

Aaaa! I've been doing it wrong for far too long! Thank you so much! :))

I'll make the all changes as soon as I can.

DonValentino

No problem! However, after a second look, I have some more things I forgot to point out (don't worry, I'll use pictures this time lol).

1. Second part! Also, careful with stem directions!

2. Do it with all the others.

To save you the hassle of fixing all the second part like I have it, here you go the version I did: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ngyx8bx5zsbfjdu/Krokka%20TunnelDon.mus?dl=0

Please fix all the other things I pointed out in the previous post though.

Oronoco

I'm stopping by to apologize for my inactivity. I really hate not being able to fix stuff promptly, and I really will check out the changes as soon as I can!

Thank you again for your feedback, too!

DonValentino

Sure, feedback is already done and you're not completely inactive, so no hurry. :J

DonValentino

:'(

I don't wanna delete this, really... Well, since Oronoco hasn't had time to do the planned fixing, I'll update it myself I guess.

Oronoco

All right! I know you told me not to hurry, but this is still pretty overdue. I've updated the files, and here's the MUSX.

Thank you very much for waiting! Let me know if I can do anything else.

EDIT:  I sped up the tempo a few clicks to make it a bit more accurate.

DonValentino

Oh? OHH! What a nice surprise! I was about to start doing this. Yes, yes, very nicely done! Worry not, we all have stuff to do. :J

Yup, I think that's all! Congrats and very good job!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by DonValentino.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot