News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [PC] Undertale - "Fallen Down" by braixen1264

Started by Zeta, October 29, 2015, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Undertale
Console: PC
Title: Fallen Down
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: braixen1264

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bespinben

Instead of using ottava (the "8va") over in the bass clef to signify an octave higher, just use a treble clef for the LH throughout m. 1-15.

I strongly suggest you look over m. 17-32 again with consideration of how it will be played.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

braix

Fixed. Not sure about the layers in places, but it should be playable now.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bespinben

Good work. However, I must reveal my true intentions -- that was just a Cucco chase I sent you on to prepare you for what's next.

This song is easily one of the most frequently covered tracks from the OST, so I want your arrangement to be the one the internet comes flocking to. How you interpret the 2nd half of the song for the piano is what makes or breaks your arrangement. Here are some ideas:

1.) More or less how you had it already, with some of the layers more cleanly presented, and the upper voice transcribed correctly. The downside to this version is that the vocal "ooh" line must be transposed an octave lower, and that results in a somewhat muddy texture.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35209091/Untitled2.musx

2.) This version transposes the two running 8th voices from the first half down an octave, and transposes the vocal "ooh" an octave higher. Playing it requires splitting the two running 8th voices between the hands, which is good ergonomics compared to version 1. The texture of this version is more balanced, but requires a bit more deviation from the OST.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35209091/Untitled2%281%29.musx
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

braix

Tried #2, but I couldn't really get it quite right.

Some points of concern:
- Readability
- I don't know when to use sharps or flats
- m.22 to m.24
- Measure fitting

Sebastian

Looks pretty good!

What do you think of this? I didn't really change anything except the clashing and whatnot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/foru56ctgg58q1v/Fallen%20Down.mus?dl=1

braix

Looks great!
Fixed up those clashing voices.
Also fixed up some incorrect notes in the last measure.

New links are up

Sebastian

Still this stuff:
- You don't have a dynamic which is required in every sheet.
- There is still clashing notes throughout the end of page 1 and most of page 2.

mastersuperfan

A large portion of the piece unplayable unless you use pedaling, in which case you should signify that.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

FireArrow

Measure 15 is having an over population issue :[
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

braix

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 16, 2015, 10:00:57 AMStill this stuff:
- You don't have a dynamic which is required in every sheet.
- There is still clashing notes throughout the end of page 1 and most of page 2.
Could you point me to a few examples? I'm not exactly sure what "clashing notes" really means

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 17, 2015, 03:49:22 PMA large portion of the piece unplayable unless you use pedaling, in which case you should signify that.
Do you think I should just add pedaling for the entire second part of the song?

Quote from: FireArrow on November 19, 2015, 05:57:56 PMMeasure 15 is having an over population issue :[
Over population of what? I don't know music :I
What is it and how would I fix it?

mastersuperfan

Quote from: braixen1264 on November 22, 2015, 06:22:36 PMCould you point me to a few examples? I'm not exactly sure what "clashing notes" really means
Do you think I should just add pedaling for the entire second part of the song?
Over population of what? I don't know music :I
What is it and how would I fix it?

I believe they mean that the notes in the different staves are visually conflicting with each other.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

braix

I tried to fix the clashing by putting more space between the staves.
I still don't understand what "Measure 15 is having an over population issue" means so I couldn't do anything.
I've been fooling around in Finale(and Google) for a while but I still can't figure out how to make pedal markings and have it playback correctly. If it doesn't matter, I think it'd be okay to just leave it as is without signaling pedaling.

Links have been updated

braix