Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Black/White
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Route 1
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JDMEK5

[attachment deleted by admin]

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Hehehe oops. This is an old arrangement and I wasn't looking at formatting XD I'll be fixing that when I get home from work tonight.

Actually the same problem probably applies to my other sheet too.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Oronoco

All right! I'm excited about this one! I'm glad you arranged this.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Latios212

Cool cool. Now for actual feedback:

The third system is pretty squished. I don't have Finale on me right now, but would moving measure 7 to the previous system loosen things up a bit? If that's not better, maybe we could downsize everything a little.

After that's taken care of, align the swung notes with the triplets.

Quote from: Oronoco on October 29, 2015, 09:24:42 AMAll right! I'm excited about this one! I'm glad you arranged this.
Agreed ;D

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Fixed formatting and squashed third system measure.

Aligning the swung 8ths with the triplets? Like I did there? Did I do it right? It looks kinda funky in some places.

My Arrangements

Latios212

Looks fine to me, makes it easier when trying to read it. Anyone else wanna weigh in on this sub?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Clanker37

Excellent arrangement! I'd love to learn this once it's one the site!

Just a tiddle-little thing though. I personally think it's in 6/8 rather than swung. I mean, there are no elements of the original piece which I think constitute as swing, other than the extremely jazzy syncopation in bar 13, it seems more 6/8-y than swingy. The left hand especially in bars 1 - 2 and 6 - 7 are more ragtimey, Banjo-Kazooie than swingy, Duke Ellingtony and the opening bar is almost too strict to be considered jazz. It's almost like the piece starts off in compound time then modulates into swing; all in one page! I'm very confused.

Obviously, it's up to you, but I think that maybe Olimar or someone should check to make sure it's swing not compound time.

But again; a wonderful arrangement. 

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Clanker37 on October 31, 2015, 11:24:08 PMExcellent arrangement! I'd love to learn this once it's one the site!

Just a tiddle-little thing though. I personally think it's in 6/8 rather than swung. I mean, there are no elements of the original piece which I think constitute as swing, other than the extremely jazzy syncopation in bar 13, it seems more 6/8-y than swingy. The left hand especially in bars 1 - 2 and 6 - 7 are more ragtimey, Banjo-Kazooie than swingy, Duke Ellingtony and the opening bar is almost too strict to be considered jazz. It's almost like the piece starts off in compound time then modulates into swing; all in one page! I'm very confused.

Obviously, it's up to you, but I think that maybe Olimar or someone should check to make sure it's swing not compound time.

But again; a wonderful arrangement.

Wow, this one is really tough. To me, the percussion backing gives me a 4/4 vibe, but I think a compelling argument could be made for both sides.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

JDMEK5

Quote from: Clanker37 on October 31, 2015, 11:24:08 PMExcellent arrangement! I'd love to learn this once it's one the site!
Oh. You have to wait?..

Quote from: Clanker37 on October 31, 2015, 11:24:08 PMJust a tiddle-little thing though. I personally think it's in 6/8 rather than swung. I mean, there are no elements of the original piece which I think constitute as swing, other than the extremely jazzy syncopation in bar 13, it seems more 6/8-y than swingy. The left hand especially in bars 1 - 2 and 6 - 7 are more ragtimey, Banjo-Kazooie than swingy, Duke Ellingtony and the opening bar is almost too strict to be considered jazz. It's almost like the piece starts off in compound time then modulates into swing; all in one page! I'm very confused.
Yes but I went with the thought of original composition plan. The purpose for this music is to be upbeat and lively while keeping a bit of a childish air to it. This is something that is almost always done via swing as opposed to 6/8 (which is often used less whimsically). So it's based on that thought that I went with swing instead of 6/8.

I do see what you mean though. Ultimately I agree with this:
Quote from: TheMarioPianist on October 31, 2015, 11:29:21 PMWow, this one is really tough. To me, the percussion backing gives me a 4/4 vibe, but I think a compelling argument could be made for both sides.

My Arrangements

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot