News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[NDS] Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version - "Nuvema Town" (Replacement) by JDMEK5

Started by Zeta, October 29, 2015, 08:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Nuvema Town
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JDMEK5

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

JDMEK5

I'll be fixing the URLs and Game Title when I get home tonight. I just took them off my arrangement page and don't have access to Finale atm.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

Hey! This was one of the first sheets I covered on my channel! Sorry about the poor lighting and sound quality.

Spoiler
[close]

I think this sheet's great. I read it just fine, but I would suggest cross-staving the last note at the end of measures 7 and 9. Also maybe in measure 11.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on October 29, 2015, 09:17:55 AMHey! This was one of the first sheets I covered on my channel!
I do remember that. Was it this specific sheet though or somebody else's?

Quote from: Latios212 on October 29, 2015, 09:17:55 AMI think this sheet's great. I read it just fine, but I would suggest cross-staving the last note at the end of measures 7 and 9. Also maybe in measure 11.
Alright I shall have a look tonight.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FireArrow

Quick stuff:
1. Make sure all your grace notes have slurs.
2. G# -> Ab for the grace notes in measure 2 and 17.
3. Bb -> A# in measure 18.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on October 29, 2015, 10:46:42 AMYeah it was this sheet :P
Oh cool. :P

Quote from: FireArrow on October 29, 2015, 05:59:37 PMQuick stuff:
1. Make sure all your grace notes have slurs.
I half-agree with Olimar on this point. I don't think grace notes should always get slurs; I think they usually should but it depends on the context. That being said, I do agree that this context calls for them and therefore I will be adding slurs.
Quote from: FireArrow on October 29, 2015, 05:59:37 PMQuick stuff:
2. G# -> Ab for the grace notes in measure 2 and 17.
3. Bb -> A# in measure 18.
Enharmonic spellings rechecked.
EDIT: Actually I don't think I get what you're getting at here. Measure 17 has no grace notes or G#/Ab, Measure 18 has no Bb or A#, and the G# grace note in Measure 2 should stay that way cuz it's leading up to the A. Ab would look absurd in this context. Are you sure you gave the right instructions?. (Namely measure numbers)

My Arrangements

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FireArrow

Ugh, I looked at the sheet you were replacing. Ignore me :3
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on October 29, 2015, 07:21:42 PMdo the cross staffing?
Oh right. Well while I was at it I kinda just revamped the sheet completely, including but not limited to adding slurs to indicate phrases and broken chords.

Quote from: FireArrow on October 29, 2015, 08:55:34 PMUgh, I looked at the sheet you were replacing. Ignore me :3
Hahaha that explains it XD

My Arrangements

Latios212

Lookin' good. Except what happened to measure 10? Also do you agree with moving some notes up in measure 11 instead of "RH" marking?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

? What's wrong with measure 10?

And about moving notes up in measure 11, I don't deem it really necessary. It's extra work and I hate extra work.
My point is, it's not necessary with that RH marking in there doing the same thing essentially.

My Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 29, 2015, 09:16:35 PM? What's wrong with measure 10?
The beam in the LH is just sticking out to nowhere.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 29, 2015, 09:16:35 PMAnd about moving notes up in measure 11, I don't deem it really necessary. It's extra work and I hate extra work.
My point is, it's not necessary with that RH marking in there doing the same thing essentially.
I thought it would help transition to the RH portion in the next measure but if you feel that way, sure.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on October 29, 2015, 09:32:49 PMThe beam in the LH is just sticking out to nowhere.
Lol have you never actually seen that before? I thought it was brilliant of me cuz I did that deliberately. It was a common move in the past that's seldom used now though I don't see why. The idea is that it's connecting to the eighth rest and yes, I know 100% that this is a legit move.

Quote from: Latios212 on October 29, 2015, 09:32:49 PMI thought it would help transition to the RH portion in the next measure but if you feel that way, sure.
Oh yeah I guess if it's part of the melody then yeah that makes sense. I'll check it again.
EDIT: Yeah you're totally right. I'll fix that when I'm not rushing off to uni. It should be connected cuz it's all part of the same melodic line. If it wasn't, I would've stuck by my guns XD

My Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 30, 2015, 05:25:13 AMLol have you never actually seen that before? I thought it was brilliant of me cuz I did that deliberately. It was a common move in the past that's seldom used now though I don't see why. The idea is that it's connecting to the eighth rest and yes, I know 100% that this is a legit move.
Actually no I haven't because practically everything I know I learned from NSM and I haven't seen that before around here ::)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle