News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[GCN] Super Mario Sunshine - "Delfino Plaza" (Replacement) by TheMarioPianist

Started by Zeta, October 24, 2015, 04:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Sunshine
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Delfino Plaza
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: TheMarioPianist

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

TheMarioPianist

Ah yes, another one of those iconic Mario themes. Personally, I felt that the on site sheet didn't do this song justice. So I started from scratch. (Like all of my replacements are this way, actually...) But anyway, you know the drill. Comment, critique, you aren't hurting feelings here. Not an updater? No problem! Be a mupdater! (member-updater) It's a term I've created, deal with it. The only thing updaters can do over you in terms of submissions is click that accept button. If you do your job well enough, maybe that will be the only thing they have to do. Plus, if you have a submission, it means they'll get to yours faster. So, fire away!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on October 24, 2015, 04:55:02 PMComment, critique, you aren't hurting feelings here. Not an updater? No problem! Be a mupdater! (member-updater) It's a term I've created, deal with it. The only thing updaters can do over you in terms of submissions is click that accept button. If you do your job well enough, maybe that will be the only thing they have to do. Plus, if you have a submission, it means they'll get to yours faster. So, fire away!

Spoiler
[close]
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Astonishing work!! I especially liked your ending ;)

Some feedback (I didn't check the notes or accidentals yet):
- You could put the right hand of measures 75-77 in the bass clef.
- There is some clashing of notes/articulation in measures 41 & 58.

Again, great work!

Quote from: Latios212 on October 24, 2015, 05:04:09 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Ditto

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 24, 2015, 05:04:37 PMAstonishing work!! I especially liked your ending ;)

Some feedback (I didn't check the notes or accidentals yet):
- You could put the right hand of measures 75-77 in the bass clef.
- There is some clashing of notes/articulation in measures 41 & 58.

Again, great work!

-I had 75-77 in the bass clef and then forgot to move it back when I transferred it over to your template. Oops.
-I believe you are wrong about 41 clashing  ;)

Spoiler
[close]

Hehe just kidding. And that text in 58 is actually supposed to be in the measure above. Got moved around when I was playing with systems. Files updated.

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

JDMEK5

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 24, 2015, 05:04:37 PMAstonishing work!! I especially liked your ending ;)
"I knew I had to see by this point." (Me narrating my own life)

Well, I agree. Good job and especially good use of the repeats. As a passing note, I would say that personally I wouldn't have used quarter notes but yes, I know that it's in quarters in the official piano book. I know cuz I remember thinking to myself, "What the heck? Why?" So that isn't a huge issue; not much you can really do about it by this point anyways.

If Olimar ends up reviewing your sheet, he's likely gonna want slurs on the grace notes. Personally I don't see this piece calling for it so really I wouldn't care much either way.

Measure 78 you have an overlapping E. You should renotate that maybe with your specific desires. Which hand is more important?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 31, 2015, 04:21:39 AM"I knew I had to see by this point." (Me narrating my own life)

Well, I agree. Good job and especially good use of the repeats. As a passing note, I would say that personally I wouldn't have used quarter notes but yes, I know that it's in quarters in the official piano book. I know cuz I remember thinking to myself, "What the heck? Why?" So that isn't a huge issue; not much you can really do about it by this point anyways.

If Olimar ends up reviewing your sheet, he's likely gonna want slurs on the grace notes. Personally I don't see this piece calling for it so really I wouldn't care much either way.

Measure 78 you have an overlapping E. You should renotate that maybe with your specific desires. Which hand is more important?
So I just now noticed someone actually posted something ;D. Anyway, as for the quarter note thing, this always felt like a cut time type song to me. If I would have felt it was eighth notes I would have gone against the book. But yea, I just got that vibe from it.

As for slurs for the grace notes, I'll probably just do it ahead of time since he will want them. Saves a step, doesn't it?

Wow, I didn't even think about that overlapping E. I'll look that over and see what I want to do with that. Should write that in the bass clef too; I originally had it there but it got lost when I moved the file to a different template.

Thanks for your help!

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

JDMEK5

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 02, 2015, 09:53:33 AMSo I just now noticed someone actually posted something ;D. Anyway, as for the quarter note thing, this always felt like a cut time type song to me. If I would have felt it was eighth notes I would have gone against the book. But yea, I just got that vibe from it.
Mine was similar but it was eighths in 4/4. Same thing, different wording.

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 02, 2015, 09:53:33 AMAs for slurs for the grace notes, I'll probably just do it ahead of time since he will want them. Saves a step, doesn't it?
Aye. You might as well.

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 02, 2015, 09:53:33 AMWow, I didn't even think about that overlapping E. I'll look that over and see what I want to do with that. Should write that in the bass clef too; I originally had it there but it got lost when I moved the file to a different template.
Post again when you update the sheet.

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 02, 2015, 09:53:33 AMThanks for your help!
Sure thing bud
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

JesterMusician

There's a couple things I noticed you should consider revising:

M. 6: The Bb should be spelled as A# because it's ascending chromatically (and you can avoid needing a courtesy natural). This applies to all instances of this figure.
M. 22-23: Sounds like the bass notes walk down A-G#-F#-F.
M. 25: Watch the note spelling. It looks like a descending downward passage, but those notes's enharmonics (except Bb) are in A major, so you should spell them that way.
M. 28-29: Not sure where those quarter notes are coming from. I think it repeats the figure in the previous measures.
M. 35, 39: I think the left hand top notes should be G's, but it's hard to tell.
M. 43, 47: Same, but with Bbs.
M. 53: I think the upper voice of the right hand is dotted-quarter into eighth tied into the half.
M. 54: Pretty sure it's supposed to be a C#m chord, which means G#'s in the left hand instead of A's. I don't know exactly what's going on, but it looks like C#m-F#-B, which is B major's ii-V-I.
M. 34-57: For this whole section, with the exception of 41 and 57, the bass is only struck on the first and third quarter notes. This means 49: C-rest-Bb-rest | 50: F#-rest-F#-rest etc.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: JesterMusician on November 04, 2015, 08:11:40 AMThere's a couple things I noticed you should consider revising:

1. M. 6: The Bb should be spelled as A# because it's ascending chromatically (and you can avoid needing a courtesy natural). This applies to all instances of this figure.
2. M. 22-23: Sounds like the bass notes walk down A-G#-F#-F.
3. M. 25: Watch the note spelling. It looks like a descending downward passage, but those notes's enharmonics (except Bb) are in A major, so you should spell them that way.
4. M. 28-29: Not sure where those quarter notes are coming from. I think it repeats the figure in the previous measures.
5. M. 35, 39: I think the left hand top notes should be G's, but it's hard to tell.
6. M. 43, 47: Same, but with Bbs.
7. M. 53: I think the upper voice of the right hand is dotted-quarter into eighth tied into the half.
8. M. 54: Pretty sure it's supposed to be a C#m chord, which means G#'s in the left hand instead of A's. I don't know exactly what's going on, but it looks like C#m-F#-B, which is B major's ii-V-I.
9. M. 34-57: For this whole section, with the exception of 41 and 57, the bass is only struck on the first and third quarter notes. This means 49: C-rest-Bb-rest | 50: F#-rest-F#-rest etc.

That's quite more than a few! ;D Just kidding. Anyway, I numbered them to make my responses on each thing more clear.

1-8. Agree with all of those. Fixed.
9. This is the only one I had some trouble with. I redid this entire bass section and found that I did have some wrong notes and had one place where a bass note had to be replaced with a rest. However, I believe that the additional sections that I have written with 3-4 bass notes are 100% accurate. I will agree that some of the bass notes on 2 and 4 of those measures are more subtle than the ones in 41 and 57; however, they are still there.

Let me know if you have any more suggestions; the files have been updated with the appropriate changes plus some of the mistakes I found on my own. Thanks again guys!

Quote from: JDMEK5 on November 02, 2015, 12:43:33 PMPost again when you update the sheet.

Oh, and here's my post ;).

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

I know there are some accidental issues still, but it is late. Will fix those tomorrow.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Ok guys, I think this thing is fully updated! Let me know what you think!

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Updated with some minor changes. All Bb's should now be A#'s (with the exception of those that appear in C7 chords). In addition, the page # on page 3 doesn't clash with the measure number anymore. Enjoy, and don't be afraid to criticize! ;)

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday