Game: Sonic the Hedgehog
Console: Sega Genesis
Title: Spring Yard Zone
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

Sebastian

You mind if I mess with the formatting and aesthetics a little bit?

Yug_Guy

Sebastian

Ok. I'll give a detailed paragraph on what I change.

Sebastian

Ok: https://www.dropbox.com/s/900td4kid0rg43v/Spring%20Yard%20Zone.mus?dl=1

What I did:
- I copied it into my pet template and re-arranged it a little. I don't know if you use Musescore or Finale Notepad, but if you want my template, just ask!
- The way you have it notated is in 4/4  ♩ = 200. It could also be notated in ♩ = 100, but would be a major work around. 2/2 at half note = 100 works just fine. Unfortunately, I can't get it to swing in 2/2 so I just changed the BPM to half note = 100 and I'll ask an Updater to make it in 2/2.
- Beat 4.5 in Measures 2, 6, 13, & 15 for example don't need to be tied since they are short.
- I put some of those notes under an 8va.
- In Measures 1 & 2, I added the harmony to make that part fuller.
- In Measures 3-11, I added an octave note to each of the melody notes like it is in the orignal. This enhances the arrangement and makes it sound fuller.
- I re-worked Measure 12 by bringing up the bass note one octave and adding the melody note in octave down too, again, to enhance it.
- In Measure 13, I added a double bar line. Remember to put double bar lines before each key change and time change.
- Measures 14-25 seemed very bare to me without those chords. So I ingeniously added those notes through that section. I put 2 of the notes in the left hand and one of them in the right hand. This greatly enhanced the arrangement.

Please tell me if there is anything you disagree with or if you have any further questions! Also, if you need me to get a you PDF and Midi, I can do that for you.

Great Job! :)

Yug_Guy

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 03, 2015, 12:26:35 PMOk: https://www.dropbox.com/s/900td4kid0rg43v/Spring%20Yard%20Zone.mus?dl=1
What I did:
- I copied it into my pet template and re-arranged it a little. I don't know if you use Musescore or Finale Notepad, but if you want my template, just ask!
- The way you have it notated is in 4/4  ♩ = 200. It could also be notated in ♩ = 100, but would be a major work around. 2/2 at half note = 100 works just fine. Unfortunately, I can't get it to swing in 2/2 so I just changed the BPM to half note = 100 and I'll ask an Updater to make it in 2/2.
- Beat 4.5 in Measures 2, 6, 13, & 15 for example don't need to be tied since they are short.
- I put some of those notes under an 8va.
- In Measures 1 & 2, I added the harmony to make that part fuller.
- In Measures 3-11, I added an octave note to each of the melody notes like it is in the orignal. This enhances the arrangement and makes it sound fuller.
- I re-worked Measure 12 by bringing up the bass note one octave and adding the melody note in octave down too, again, to enhance it.
- In Measure 13, I added a double bar line. Remember to put double bar lines before each key change and time change.
- Measures 14-25 seemed very bare to me without those chords. So I ingeniously added those notes through that section. I put 2 of the notes in the left hand and one of them in the right hand. This greatly enhanced the arrangement.
Please tell me if there is anything you disagree with or if you have any further questions! Also, if you need me to get a you PDF and Midi, I can do that for you.
Great Job! :)
tl;dr you added octaves

It looks pretty good! The only thing I changed was "Yug_Guy" to "Yug Guy" (underscores just don't look as professional  :P).

Obligatory "links have been updated."

Sebastian

Oooook, Updaters. How does this one look? Acceptable?

Yug_Guy

Sebastian

Bump

Yug_Guy

Yug_Guy

E. Gadd Industries

Question: why is the tempo marking in "half note=100" when it's in 4/4 time? I'm just curious, I don't know if that's incorrect or not.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Formatting things:
-copyright info and url need to be center aligned.
-
space redistribution suggestion

[close]
-
detail thing

[close]

Other things:
-The low D in the LH at the end of the first ending and the last measure needs a tie.
-The first low E in measure 26 (LH) needs to be an eighth rest.
-The dotted quarter note A in the LH of measure 4 should be changed to a quarter note, then add an eighth note A tied to the A in the next measure

Starting to look pretty good though. Almost there.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!