Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Galaxy
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Waltz of the Boos
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Don Valentino

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

DonValentino

mastersuperfan

I've always wondered why it isn't called Ghostly Galaxy in the OST unlike other galaxies.

Anyway, I'm no expert at music, but there are some things I noticed right off the bat:

- The eighth note in the left hand on the third beat of m6 should come in a beat earlier.

- The last eighth note in the left hand in m8 should go down to the A, not back up to the E.

- The first beat of m10 should have a low A in the left hand.

- Not sure if this is incorrect, but it seems odd to me to have slurs extended over staccato notes that are followed by rests. Maybe just make the slurs connecting the notes up to the staccato and then another slur afterwards. (e.g. slur on first two right hand notes in m6, then another slur for the next two after the rest)

Also, while it's good as is, is it still impossible to weave in a few more harmonies while maintaining playability? (notably in the right hand in the second half)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

DonValentino

Nice catches, thanks for the feedback. In this case, I didn't really mean the slurs to imply legato, but phrase marks. It really makes a difference if, when you perform it, think of it as a single, continuous phrase or not, so I thought I should notate it.

If by second half you mean 35+, I honestly think there's everything that should be, no more no less. If by second half you mean the repetition from 21 to 35, I think the same actually xD And specially with the pedal, that passage should be as clear as it can be.

Zeta