News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All - "Cross-Examination ~ Allegro 2002" by masters

Started by Zeta, October 14, 2015, 04:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Ace Attorney
Game: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Cross-Examination ~ Allegro 2002
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mastersuperfan

[attachment deleted by admin]

mastersuperfan

I don't know if the official title is "Cross-Examination ~ Allegro 2002" or simply "Examination ~ Allegro 2002." Cross-Examination seems to make more sense, but BrawlBRSTMs3 has them all listed as just Examination.

I think the arranging itself should be for the most part okay. Not sure what to do for the visual touches and all that stuff.

As said by someone in the comments of that vid... :P
Justice for All
I keep thinking about De Killer's radio bouncing back and forth when I hear this.
[close]

Also, I just realized... The title got cut off. D:<
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

TheMarioPianist

I can't say much about this piece now; will examine more later. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think tempo should be dotted eighth=93 rather than sixteenth=280. Then again, I have no idea how to notate stuff like that in x/16 time sigs :P
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Tobbeh99

Ok this has some tricky time signatures. Here's my thoughts on them:

Metronome mark: Make dotted quarter the metronome mark, and leave 16th note in parenthesis, because the time signatures are "based" around dotted quarter notes, the only thing that differs are the last beats.

Time signature: I don't know what Finale version you have, but if you can change the time signature to a 14/16+13/16 and the other part to a 13/16+12/16 time signature. If you can't do ask people with higher version of finale to fix it, probably in this thread: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=685.0

Note groupings: It's fine grouping them as you have, showing the strong beats. But the left hand seems a bit poorly notated, just try to make them fit accordingly with the RH groups, by using ties, and you should be fine. For example measure 10, that quarter note should clearly be and dotted 8th-tied-8th. I'm also not sure about measure 9. The thing is previously you've notated 6/16+7/16, but in measure but in measure 9 you've notated it as 9/16+4/16. I'd make that dotted quarter note a dotted 8th-tied-dotte 8th. I also think that you should make the last 2 16th groups in the 13/8 into one group of 4 16th notes.   
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mastersuperfan

Updated, except for the tempo. Dotted quarter? I'm not too experienced at music, but dotted eighth seems more logical to me. I'd like to see some clarification on this.

Also, I'm still not sure whether or not to call this "Examination," "Cross-Examination," or "Testimony."
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Tobbeh99

ahh, wops dotted eight as metronome mark is what I meant.

also I think "Examination ~ Allegro 2002" is the correct title.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

Ok great job editing, some more stuff:

-Double barlines: remove all of them except the ones before key changes.

-dotted barlines: add some dotted barlines to show the different time signatures, in between the 14/16 and the 13/16 and in the second part in between the 13/16 and 12/16. Use the line tool to make a horizonal dotted line as a dotted barline.

-Note beaming: You got it quite right in the previous, but now there are many wrongs in the LH. You have un-beamed so many notes in the LH. Just beam the LH as the RH groups and it should be fine.

10/10 tobbeh

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 15, 2015, 02:55:53 PMOk great job editing, some more stuff:

-Double barlines: remove all of them except the ones before key changes.

-dotted barlines: add some dotted barlines to show the different time signatures, in between the 14/16 and the 13/16 and in the second part in between the 13/16 and 12/16. Use the line tool to make a horizonal dotted line as a dotted barline.

-Note beaming: You got it quite right in the previous, but now there are many wrongs in the LH. You have un-beamed so many notes in the LH. Just beam the LH as the RH groups and it should be fine.

Oops! All of that happened when I changed the time sig. I'd better go change it back now. :P

Alright, finished editing.

mastersuperfan

Any other suggestions?

Also, should I put cautionary accidentals in the second half of measures after dotted bar lines? (specifically, the low F#'s in m5 and m6 and the low C# in m7)

Is the formatting all right? It seems like it wouldn't be a bad idea to lower the music a little bit and leave some more space near the top. Other opinions?

One last thing, should I put an additional expression with the tempo marking?

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 15, 2015, 02:32:16 PMalso I think "Examination ~ Allegro 2002" is the correct title.

The thing is, BrawlBRSTMs3 has every Cross-Examination theme listed under a different name (Testimony, Examination, Questioning, Cross Examination, Cross-Examination), and all other sources simply use Cross-Examination for all of them. Maybe those different titles were taken from the official soundtrack? I can't find it anywhere, though, so I've changed the name to "Cross-Examination ~ Allegro 2002."

Also, I've noticed that JFA and T&T are incorrectly listed as "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - JFA/T&T" instead of "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: JFA/T&T." Could this be fixed?

Also, the time of my last post O.O

Tobbeh99

If I can correct myself, I didn't know whether it should be "Cross-Examination ~ Allegro 2002" or "Examination ~ Allegro 2002". But what I meant was that the first title, I think it was "Examination", was wrong.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on October 17, 2015, 07:32:38 AMAlso, I've noticed that JFA and T&T are incorrectly listed as "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - JFA/T&T" instead of "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: JFA/T&T." Could this be fixed?

yes go and propose it to this thread, I think, if not then some other thread in the "Feedback" forum. 

10/10 tobbeh

mastersuperfan

Alright, I've edited a few more things, including removing an extra note from the LH, adding staccatos in the LH where needed, a little bit of formatting improvement, and adding "Magical" as an expression. (I always hear people describe it that way. :P) I've also put in cautionary accidentals over the dotted bar lines, though I'm not sure if they're necessary. To me, though, they feel like separate measures, so I thought it'd be helpful.

Any other suggestions? Is this good enough for acceptance?

Zeta