News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[DELETED] [NDS] Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - "Cianwood City" by 17yangs

Started by Zeta, October 10, 2015, 09:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Cianwood City
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: 17yangs

JDMEK5

Ugh not another midi...

You're going to need to rewrite your arrangement in Finale Notepad (unless you have money to just throw around).
And here is where you ask for help with things that Finale Notepad won't let you do (e.g. octava markings I think).
^This has all probably been mentioned in your arrangement thread though.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 11, 2015, 11:24:09 AMUgh not another midi...

You're going to need to rewrite your arrangement in Finale Notepad (unless you have money to just throw around).
And here is where you ask for help with things that Finale Notepad won't let you do (e.g. octava markings I think).
^This has all probably been mentioned in your arrangement thread though.
If 17yangs is ok with it, I could properly format the mus (and have the pdf be identical as well). No note changing, of course.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

17yangs

I've fixed the mus so that it's easier to read and not a direct transcription of the midi, but there are still some formatting errors.
Quote from: TheMarioPianist on October 11, 2015, 02:32:35 PMIf 17yangs is ok with it, I could properly format the mus (and have the pdf be identical as well). No note changing, of course.
I'm fine with any changes to correct my format.
Is the arrangement itself accurate?

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: 17yangs on October 12, 2015, 06:06:05 PMI'm fine with any changes to correct my format.
Is the arrangement itself accurate?
I'll have to check that. Let me get the formatting correct first.

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

17yangs

Altissimo

Couple things:
-Probably shouldn't be changing clefs in the bass clef so often, especially for such short stretches. You might be better off keeping it in bass clef and using 8va symbols, or putting parts into the treble staff (especially for places like m. 4) and showing that it's played by the left hand instead of the right.
-Not strictly necessary, but since this is using a lot of accidentals, you might want to have some courtesy accidentals as well.
-Title should be "Pokémon (with the accented é!) HeartGold Version & Pokémon SoulSilver Version".

TheMarioPianist

[.mus] [.pdf]

Ok, these should be properly formatted. I gave both a pdf and mus so that they are at the same level. My first impressions on musical issues:

-grace notes scattered throughout
-need dynamics!
-anything that Altissimo said

I'll take a closer look at this later.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

mastersuperfan

Initial thoughts:

- Some of the chords you have need arpeggios, notably m4.
- In m13, the F on the first beat should hold out. Put it in a different layer. Also, in m14, there should be a tied note on the first beat from the previous measure--the melody holds out.
- Courtesy accidentals would be really nice, especially on the first beat of m4.
- Not necessary, but it seems like in a lot of sections it would be more convenient to play the left hand part with the right hand. You could change the notation to suit this, but I don't think you have to.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Bespinben

17yangs, I can tell you use Musescore, so instead of importing a MIDI into Finale, import an XML file of your arrangement. This will save you LOADS of time.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Latios212

This one's got a ways to go and the arranger hasn't been around in a while, so I'm gonna go ahead and delete this.

17yangs, if you're still around, I encourage you to get this fixed up in the personal arrangements board before submitting again.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle