News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Undertale

Started by Nebbles, October 06, 2015, 08:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

K then so how do I beat mettaton you terrible people
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FireArrow

Nocturne trolling isn't a new thing.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Nebbles

There's a fine difference between being a troll and a giant douchewagon.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Waddle Bro

> people worry if committed emo suicide
> comes back to troll others

not that I care that much what you do, but that's a little bit disrespectful imo

mastersuperfan

My friend has been playing Undertale recently.. But he got bored of it.

I finally convinced him to play it again... But under one condition.

He says that both the Neutral and the Pacifist routes are boring. So, by process of elimination, it must be a human the only route he'll agree to take is Genocide.

He's stuck on Undyne the Undying but is... oddly excited to get to the part where he'll have a bad time.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Nebbles

"Gee, being a good person is boring!"

I still refuse to do a genocide route. Never will.

braix

I could never kill Lesser Dog
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dudeman

Well, I guess it's not really a spoiler but...
sans is hardddddddddddddd :(
Still having a good time, though.
Take that, feels!
[close]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

InsigTurtle

Spoiler
well, he *is* made of bones, and bones *should* be hard... unless you have osteoporosis
i just had the mental image of sans with osteoporosis. not good.
[close]

Nebbles

Spoiler
I could never beat Sans, like, holy shit, I'm nowhere near good enough. And I love Sans too much.
[close]

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Dudeman on November 16, 2015, 04:59:50 PM
Well, I guess it's not really a spoiler but...
sans is hardddddddddddddd :(
Still having a good time, though.
Take that, feels!
[close]

Heh, I feel you. Took me about 2.5-3 hours and a lot of practice to win. Stay DETERMINED and you'll get it eventually.

Some miscellaneous tips:

- Don't be afraid about using food items in the first half (before the option to Spare) because you won't have a lot of time to heal in the second half without taking a lot of damage on the next attack anyways (unless your reflexes are very good). Try to save the Butterscotch Pie until before the final attack, though.

- Telegraph the attacks when gravity changes by watching the boss's arms rather than looking at the box.

- On the circling lasers at the final attack, try to go in a rectangle rather than a circle. I got to that part five times before I finally survived it. Going a circle is likely to get you taking the brunt of the lasers in the center of the box and dying.

- Know each attack and how to dodge it. Be prepared for the flashes in the second half and be able to instinctively react to each possible attack that might get thrown at you. If you're not sure how to get through an attack without taking damage, watch a video of a no-hit run.

- Practice, practice, practice. That's really all I can say. You'll win with enough practice.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dudeman

Sigh...I ate the pie while fighting
Spoiler
Undyne
[close]
I might backtrack a bit and fill out as much of my inventory as possible with Legendary Heroes. I've gotten to the second half three times now, so I'm not about to give up.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nebbles

Good idea, you need the highest grade healing items available.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Dudeman on November 16, 2015, 05:20:39 PMSigh...I ate the pie while fighting
Spoiler
Undyne
[close]
I might backtrack a bit and fill out as much of my inventory as possible with Legendary Heroes. I've gotten to the second half three times now, so I'm not about to give up.

Aww. I found that fight easy enough not to use my Butterscotch Pie, and I managed to get by with only the Abandoned Quiche and seven tries.

It's definitely a good idea to fill your inventory. The optimal inventory would be:

- Butterscotch Pie (which you don't have)
- Instant Noodles (I didn't find these, and I didn't need them)
- Steak in the Shape of Mettaton's Face
- Snowman Pieces (three maximum)
- Legendary Heroes (for the rest of empty space)

You definitely don't need the Butterscotch Pie, since in my winning attempt I accidentally wasted a Snowman Piece and the Butterscotch Pie by mashing the buttons too fast. It will take a bit more practice without it, though.