Game: Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Sea of Trees
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: cashwarrior1

cashwarrior1

Here's the song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVqG4JLanJI

There are some things on the requirements I didn't meet because I have a demo version on finale and am incapable of doing these things.

Brawler4Ever

Sounds pretty good so far!

The main thing that I see so far is that "arrangement" is misspelled. And NinSheetMusic has capital letters.

If you use MuseScore, you can fix most of the formatting stuff, which really helps in the submission process!
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Bespinben

Layers are your friends. For example, with the section with the chord arpeggios in the right hand, it would make the music more readable if the melody was written in layer 2.

Personally, I would rearrange the passage so that the melody is played by the LH, transposed an octave lower so it wouldn't overlap with the arpeggios -- but that's just me. Either way, it's best written in separately rather than merged into a single layer.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

cashwarrior1

cashwarrior1

I changed it, but I cannot add layers because I'm using the free 2012 Finale Notepad. I'm afraid I won't be able to get a full version until probably Christmas. :P

Dudeman

Click the 1, 2, 3, or 4 buttons in the bottom left hand corner to change the layer that you're entering notes with.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Dudeman on October 07, 2015, 06:01:27 PMClick the 1, 2, 3, or 4 buttons in the bottom left hand corner to change the layer that you're entering notes with.

Well then, the Finale website isn't very helpful.

Okay, I fixed it. Is there anything else you'd recommend?

Bespinben

Really study out officially published sheet music, and you'll get the feel for how things should look:

*Measures 5-10: The stem direction of the lower layer should point downwards, and the stem direction of the upper layer should point upwards. You can flip the direction of any note by highlighting it and hitting "L". (Yes, Notepad can do that)

*Measure 9-12: Pedal markings should ALWAYS be below the bottom staff, not in between.

*Measures 1-4: There are incorrectly spelled accidentals here. The way to know how to spell them is to identify the chords. Measure 1, beat 1, is an F minor chord, so it will be F Ab C, while measure 1, beat 3, a Gb minor chord, must be spelled Gb Bbb Db. You currently have m. 1, beat 3 spelled as Gb A Db, which doesn't follow the formula. Try and work out m. 2-4 yourself as well.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

cashwarrior1

So that's what the double flats and sharps do. Okay, haven't used those yet in my lessons :P Anyways, I hope I put the stems in the correct direction, and I "numbered" the measures for you  ;)

DonValentino

So, I went through all of it.

[MUS]

Aside from fixing inaccurate notes and passages, I'd like to remark how I gave top priority to the main melody and the bass while adding the rest of the harmonic material in a playable, clean and clear way; which I think is very necessary when transcribing in a piece like this (that is, with harmonies an 8va+ up the main melody and such).

What do you think? :J

cashwarrior1

Okay, now I see why Bespin said put the arpeggios in bass. I'll try to re-make it a little differently, but I want to make sure I can play it. I'm going to write the song based by my ability to play :P

*Also I can't do 8vas or change right hand to bass clef.... SO ANNOYING!!!

**I hope I'm doing good. As you can tell, I'm not a very experienced song writer.

DonValentino

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on October 09, 2015, 06:42:45 PMOkay, now I see why Bespin said put the arpeggios in bass. I'll try to re-make it a little differently, but I want to make sure I can play it. I'm going to write the song based by my ability to play :P

Hmm well if you so wish... However, don't limit yourself to only arrange things you can play, it's also good that you pick sometimes harder songs so you get more arranging abilities.

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on October 09, 2015, 06:42:45 PM*Also I can't do 8vas or change right hand to bass clef.... SO ANNOYING!!!

**I hope I'm doing good. As you can tell, I'm not a very experienced song writer.

Don't worry about that, you'll get better eventually. :J
We're also here to help with those issues too after all. In any case, you can always keep the one I did if you want.

cashwarrior1

Yeah, I'm thinking of arranging Gungir Mix from Halo 2 Anniversary, I'm pretty sure I cannot play that at all XD

*Woah! Found some wrong notes and my measure counting was off :P

DonValentino

C'mon man keep the version I kindly did and let's get this over with :v