[GBA] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - "Cackletta's Theme" (Replacement) by FireArrow

Started by Zeta, October 01, 2015, 07:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Cackletta's Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: FireArrow

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Edit (existing arranger remains)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

FireArrow

This is actually a non-challenge replacement but I couldn't figure out how to make that work in the NSM panel. :\
Current on-site arrangement: [MUS]

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

skiaak

Uh, say yes to submitting the replacement. Then say keep the original composer listed, and sesrch up the piece on the site. Though you should delete this thread first, though.
Mariolegofan to become NSM updater team!

InsigTurtle

Regarding sheet accuracy...

The first measure is slightly different the first time through. Doesn't seem like you'll need that one upbeat if you decide to change it.
The B in the in the alto voice in m. 11 should be a B#.
The A#s in m. 17-18 should be A naturals.

Latios212

WHOA FIREARROW SUBMITTED SOMETHING HOORAY

Quote from: FireArrow on October 01, 2015, 07:51:28 PMThis is actually a non-challenge replacement but I couldn't figure out how to make that work in the NSM panel. :\
Fixed. Just type in the game title and stuff should appear as suggestions.

Quote from: skiaak on October 01, 2015, 08:34:35 PMThough you should delete this thread first, though.
No need.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FireArrow

Quote from: skiaak on October 01, 2015, 08:34:35 PMUh, say yes to submitting the replacement. Then say keep the original composer listed, and sesrch up the piece on the site. Though you should delete this thread first, though.

What do you mean by search up the sheet on site? There was a little white box that asked for the old sheet, but both a link and the name of the piece weren't accepted so I gave up and submitted it this way.

Quote from: InsigTurtle on October 01, 2015, 08:47:09 PMRegarding sheet accuracy...

The first measure is slightly different the first time through. Doesn't seem like you'll need that one upbeat if you decide to change it.
The B in the in the alto voice in m. 11 should be a B#.
The A#s in m. 17-18 should be A naturals.

Oh damn, thanks. I just kinda spot checked most of it and wrongly assumed that the original arrangement was accurate, just notated horribly. Also, I fixed the repeat issues that this caused me. It doesn't fit as nicely onto one page anymore though. :[

Quote from: Latios212 on October 01, 2015, 09:04:55 PMWHOA FIREARROW SUBMITTED SOMETHING HOORAY
Fixed. Just type in the game title and stuff should appear as suggestions.
No need.

<3 You're the best.

Sebastian

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 19, 2012, 08:26:02 AMCackletta's Theme
[ZIP]
;)

- You're missing another low voice.....
- The pickup is missing.
- Missing Key Change.
- You have ninsheetm.org

You can feel free to use my sheet as reference or you can just simply take it if you wish. I'm not planning on submitting it anytime soon (if ever).

FireArrow

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 02, 2015, 10:47:40 AM- You're missing another low voice.....
- The pickup is missing.
- Missing Key Change.
- You have ninsheetm.org

- Specify where maybe? My arrangement includes more voices than yours at the expense of difficulty.
- Refer to my conversation with insig, the pickup measure is only from an inaccurate youtube upload.
- Key changes aren't notated in baroque music, and the soprano and tenor voices change keys a measure later than the bass (which is half the reason why you don't notated key changes in baroque music ;3) Now that you mention it though, I do need to notate the bass at measure 9 in sharps.
- I'll fix that (the correct url is ninsheetmusic.org right?)

Sebastian

Quote from: FireArrow on October 02, 2015, 04:11:07 PM- Specify where maybe? My arrangement includes more voices than yours at the expense of difficulty.
There is another low voice along with the one you have.

Quote from: FireArrow on October 02, 2015, 04:11:07 PM- Key changes aren't notated in baroque music, and the soprano and tenor voices change keys a measure later than the bass (which is half the reason why you don't notated key changes in baroque music ;3) Now that you mention it though, I do need to notate the bass at measure 9 in sharps.
Maybe so.....but they might be required on NSM. We'll see what the Updaters(s) say.

Quote from: FireArrow on October 02, 2015, 04:11:07 PM- I'll fix that (the correct url is ninsheetmusic.org right?)
http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/

FireArrow

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 02, 2015, 04:20:59 PMThere is another low voice along with the one you have.

This isn't enough information for me. The piece only has 3 voices (that I'm aware of) and I don't see any voices in your arrangement that I don't have (I see less.)

Sebastian

Well I'll be darn lol
I have a different original that you. Sorry about that.

SlowPokemon

I think the no key change is fine, it's how Bach's music is written (and all Baroque music that I'm aware of) and this is definitely Baroque-esque.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

You're right. There is no key changes in baroque music.
I just don't know what the Updaters will say :P

Olimar12345

I have never played this game, but this piece sounds so familiar...

Anyways, fed. no key change, especially for how short of a piece this is. Add the capital letters to the url (http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/) and put spaces between the equals sign in the tempo marking and we're good here. Good work!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 03, 2015, 03:45:11 PMI have never played this game, but this piece sounds so familiar...

Anyways, fed. no key change, especially for how short of a piece this is. Add the capital letters to the url (http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/) and put spaces between the equals sign in the tempo marking and we're good here. Good work!

Done and done.

And yeah, you accepted this back when JDMEK was running the fixing the sheets project, but it just got lost in the bueacracy when we switched over.